Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Building Your Own (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/)
-   -   where can i find ceiling cloth or materiel (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/where-can-i-find-ceiling-cloth-materiel-4121/)

fastavenger 02-11-2010 07:06 PM

if some one could help out we are building a coach for the wife and kids to go racing thanks for the help

Bob86ZZ4 02-11-2010 07:53 PM

My walls and ceiling are covered with a vinyl material that has a thin layer of foam behind it. I've seen it at upholstery or fabric shops on large rolls.

bigboyfrank 02-14-2010 09:37 PM

Eventually we all must take the plunge and --gasp!--go to the fabric store. Wear some cheap sunglasses and go do it. I don't know where you are located, but out West here, we have a chain called "Hancock Fabrics". These guys carry a headliner type material that has a thin foam backing bonded to the face cloth. This woven polyester material looks identical to the GM style used in the 80's & 90's for automotive headliners, "A" & "C" pillars wraps and door panels. Colors are a-plenty for most decors, including a neutral charcoal gray and even black. You can mount it to most anything with 3M General Trim (spray) adhesive, however I would use contact cement for overhead applications. Of course there are the heavy upholstery materials also, including the vinyls, synthetic leathers, and cotton blends. Take warning--if you are secretly a creative type you might burn up a whole afternoon discovering the "softer" side of this conversion hobby. Throw in the Wife's embroidery machine and I'm off in la-la land. (For God's sake, stay away from the fleeces and the tweeds--these are yesterday's fish.)

geofkaye 02-14-2010 10:34 PM

.....BEFORE YOU JOIN THE KNITTING CIRCLE:....CLEANING A CEILING THAT IS MADE WITH VINYL IS EASY....MADE OF CLOTH IS A WITCH!....Make sure you get the kind that can be wiped with 409 or something like that cleaner.....a MH gets dirty real quick-specially one that is diesel and around racing. any surface that is in a MH must be "cleanable" I use a carpet extractor to clean the cloth interior of the tractors/MH and you would not believe the dirt that comes out of the cloth interiors every year....the water is BLACK with dirt and stuff. I use a hospital carpet cleaning product called in the trade "RESOLVE" and it comes from a commercial carpet/janitorial supplier-not the Home Depot type stuff...as it has more water and less chemicals that sanitizers well as cleans......stuff does clean as the second pass will leave very little dark water in the vacuum side of the extractor.... I even use the extractor with a furniture head on the vinyl as well...then use a sealer/brightener....geofkaye and the a Rivercity Group

fastavenger 02-17-2010 05:16 PM

thanks guys i think i will take a look at the fabric shop like u say