Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 08-10-2003, 09:34 PM   #11

...in additions to Mike's previous comments:...by using a "title service"-as I have done here in Cincinnati-the responcibility rests on them to make it happen....these are usually political bed buddies of a sort....they charge me a fee of $5.00 to do the title work liscense plate and collect taxes due and register my insurance.....when I was checking as to "How hard can this be?" My title clerk took the paperwork to the title agent for Hamilton County and they worked it out-and got back to me....here it's a form- notorized-and it's a done deal.....geof -in Cincinnati

geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 07:04 PM   #12

geof,

Could you give some more details on the title service outfits. I have never had any experience with one. Do they actually inspect the truck to ensure it meets the DMV's motorhome definition and then verify it as such to the DMV? If so, that sounds pretty cool but it makes my wonder how they can do that for only $5.00. I am not sure if such a service exists in California and if so, whether they would take on the motorhome challenge. Does anyone out there know?

Mike E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 09:28 PM   #13

I don't know about Caifornia-but here in Ohio we have title services that do liscense plates registration and collect taxes for plates/sales taxes/transfer taxes-they are an agency....and yes it's only $5.00....I took the form to them and had it notorized-that is all that is required.....I've done business with the same agency for about 25 years...acturally-I don't really know how else to do it-it's been so long....geof-near Cincinnati

geof is offline   Reply With Quote