Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 11-15-2002, 03:07 PM   #1

Just wondering what others are going to do with the sleeper area of the 610's or any other sleeper cab for that matter. I have a single bunk and thinking about leaving it as is.

Would like to put a small refrig back there and place to make coffee. Not sure where to put everything. I will have ac power in the cab from my genie charger so I have some options as far as equipment to use.

Anybody got the new sat radio system installed?

Has anybody upgraded the speakers?

My bed is painted, rhino lined and back on the truck. Being buffed on Monday along with the cab. I will go up and get pictures.

chuck

chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 04:34 PM   #2

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chuck:
Just wondering what others are going to do with the sleeper area of the 610's or any other sleeper cab for that matter. I have a single bunk and thinking about leaving it as is.

Would like to put a small refrig back there and place to make coffee. Not sure where to put everything. I will have ac power in the cab from my genie charger so I have some options as far as equipment to use.

Anybody got the new sat radio system installed?

Has anybody upgraded the speakers?

My bed is painted, rhino lined and back on the truck. Being buffed on Monday along with the cab. I will go up and get pictures.

chuck<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Chuck,

I have done single axle conversions to 6 Volvo VNL 610s. I have never done anything to the bed. I usually remove the wardrobe behind the passenger seat, and put a refrigerator there. If your Volvo has that TV compartment above the wardrobe, you can install a microwave or whatever inside it.

If you have, or install an air ride passenger seat, you will be able to recline it fully with the wardrobe removed.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Larry

onezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 04:18 PM   #3

My wife wants a "jacknife" bed in the cab. This would allow passengers a comfortable seat and seat belts, and a bed. In fact she has bought one she liked while I was gone to Arizona to pick up aluminum wheels and and air seat from a "parts" Volvo. Thinking out of the box (cab), it shouldn't be too difficult to move part or all of the back of the cab back, back (cut and weld) a foot or so. This would mean that the exhaust would have to go under the frame.(desireable anyway to free up space) The rear air support would stay the same. Moving the back further might mean moving the air support system to the rear. I mean, aren't we limited by our imagination??? Anybody else have thoughts??

99 Volvo VNL64T/610 Motorhome
2001 Alpha Gold 39'10"
Bill R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 05:59 PM   #4

Hi Bill,

How is everything in your neck of the woods my friend?

If I understand correctly, a "jackknife" bed is one that slides forward and the back folds down to make a bed?

I think that kind of bed could be installed on the existing bed structure with few modifications.

I am wondering what proceedure you would use to extend the length of the sleeper? IM not sure the outcome of such a project would be satisfactory without considerable expense on your part.

An inexpensive alternative might be to just sit a couple of contour bed pillow chairs on the bed. You could install seat belts for them, and simply move them for sleeping purposes.

Just my 2 cents, and my wife tells me I am pretty tight with a buck! :0)

onezman
onezman is offline   Reply With Quote