Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 04-29-2003, 04:27 AM   #1

I've read your posts on iRV2 and the desision to go with Showhauler instead of Renegade was never discussed. What prompted this switch?After driving the Renegade how does your new rig compare? Also, what dealer did you use and how professional were they?

Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 09:58 AM   #2

When I first started looking at truck conversions as a option over a traditional motorhome, Renegade was the first guys I came across. This was all so new to me and I was so blow away by the concept I originally did not look at other conversion companies. Luckily my time frame to purchase was a few years out so I finally came to my senses and began looking at all of the conversion companies. One of the big factors for looking into other companies came about when I purchased my FLD120.

I test drove a Renegade FL-112 w/ auto shift, and motorhome w/ garage setup. I liked the auto shift and the FL-112 with 435 hp cat really got you moving in a hurry. Which rode better, well to be fair it was almost 3 yrs since my test drive. My rig has air ride up front as well as in back and probably a slightly longer wheel base so it rides like the old Fleetwood Cadillac my grandfather had when I was growing up.

I will say I have grown to like the blunt front bunk design on a Show Hauler over the slanted look of a Renegade. Just makes the front of the truck look bigger & tougher. (just a personel preference) Interiors in the Show Hauler are second to none, and just love the over the top building process Show Hauler incorporates.

I used Concept Haulers and they where fantastic to work with.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 11:10 AM   #3

Concept Haulers? Their link on Showhaulers web is bad but I found their web weeks ago. Called then and got an answering machine. Just called again...answering machine. I happen to be the worlds most impatient person, do you have a different # than 1-815-941-9681?
Old 04-30-2003, 06:38 PM   #4

I'm thinking that your number is not correct. 815 is an Illinois area code, and if I recall, Bill didn't get his unit from IL. I could be wrong, though.
Dano959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 08:50 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dano959:
I could be wrong, though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are correct; he got it from Indiana, near Elkhart,where all good little RV's come from. Concept Haulers might be from Illinois though. Call Showhaulers at(574) 825-6764, they might know Concept Haulers' phone #.
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 05:55 AM   #6

I had the right #, I finally got a returned call. It appears Concept Haulers is a 1 man show. I was told there is usually someone in the office between 9 am and lunch. I'm guessing (hoping) they offer ~substantial~ discounts on options/prices due to their extremely low overhead?
Old 05-05-2003, 09:19 AM   #7

I'm not sure what happened between the two factions of Concept Haulers but I've worked with Lance at the Alabama end of things when they were still part of Concept Haulers as well as their own trailer dealership. Go to http://www.racerigs.com for more info. They're where I got my Show Hauler conversion and Renegade trailer.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
WERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 03:08 PM   #8

I am trying to find someone in Texas that as a Showhauler. I would like to physically see the conversion before I go see a dealer.
DaleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 07:35 AM   #9

DaleD, In early July a friend of mine and I are both taking delivery of new NRC conversions on 2004 Freightliner Columbia chassis. If you still interested in looking at what we think will be very high quality conversions, we'd be happy to show you ours. We're both in Austin.
paul.zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 01:15 PM   #10
Des

paul.zr1, I am another Dale over in Bandera. I would be interested in seeing your NRC conversion when available.

Dale in Bandera

Des is offline   Reply With Quote