Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-25-2018, 01:39 AM   #1

Default Truck For offloading

Hi All,

I am always a travel junkie who loves to travel most of the time. One of the best thing I like to do while travelling is doing adventure sport like using the snowmobile going for hiking bungee and skydiving. Hitting the road and searching for places and being, constantly on the move place to stay is always a challenge for me or going back home also I do find it difficult. So I came up to the idea of Camper truck because I am already truck owner and just need to find one good camping trailer for my stay. I do own a 2011 Chevy Silverado and I took it to the nearby RVing company to attach the Arctic Fox trailer. I did find out taking your truck to offroading with trailer can be challenging as well it does give a very much strain to your camper tie down as well. What do you people think about it? Is it good to take your camper trailer to offroading? Does it break your camper tie down?

Michealbraunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:23 AM   #2

Our rig:
1997 Ford CF8000 housetruck.

Our situation:
Full-time, boondock exclusively. Gravel roads are as far off-pavement as we take our rig. Off-road is for our dirtbikes. Off-road is for walking.

We winter on Baja beaches, often joined by Europeans with converted military 4x4 6x6 8x8 rigs. They never go off-road; if they get the thing stuck, they need to call the military to drag them out.

For rugged-track trailers, Australians are the go-to for information. But Australians tend to stay on established trails; this's healthier for the environment.

Take only photographs, leave only footprints.

LargeMarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:22 AM   #3

friend of mine has a Quigley 4x4 E350 van....he insists on going off road....im happy parking at the edge, riding in/out as a base camp. I dont need to camp on the beach to enjoy it, and id rather not worry about the tide charts.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
truck, trucking company