Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-19-2003, 01:29 PM   #1

The overall length ended up being exactly 40' from bumper to bumper. The overall weight with about 250 gallons of fuel was 28,240 lbs. Wheel base is 336".

From the back of the seats to the back wall of the truck is the area I needed to finish in the cab. I added the dome light which also as click on/off side lights (just push the lense) I used foam panels, mainly because on our way home from the Show Hualer factory my wife bonked her head moving from the cab back. I will add hooks behind the 2 seats for a place to hang a jacket.

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 01:56 PM   #2

Warpath, that rig of yours is nothing but drop-dead GORGEOUS! I envy you driving it, being seen driving it, camping with it, and just overall having a bodacious time with it! Truly THE way to travel. Great job!!

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 05:02 PM   #3

Thanks Gary!

I am dieing to use it, but the weather here has just been brutal since I brought it home. Temps have been in the teens and snow everyday. We actually are getting pounding again today with a foot plus expected by tomorrow tonight. So all I can do for now is go out and look at it and most of the time it is to cold to do that.

I am praying for a break around the second week of Feb when we leave for Florida.

Old 01-27-2003, 09:11 AM   #4

Warpath, Your pictures and storys are great. Thanks for all your help. Just what did your rig finaly cost? You started saying something like $6o,ooo.
Nickhin@aol com
nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:14 AM   #5

Nick -

I read my old post that I made a 1/2 a year ago where I mention that and had to laugh. I ended up being double that plus for a final cost. I went a completely different direction than I thought I would, and when it came right down to it, I would not have been happy in the end unless this thing came out as it did. I also did a lot of extra work and made some major mistakes, but I had no one to tell me different at that time.

Everyone has their own idea of what they want, what they need, and how it needs to be. I have seen some expeditors converted and I am sure those came in at or under $60,000. There are also conversion companies that will put a finished box on your truck for $60,000 (+/- approx.), but they may use many of the traditional motorhome building techniques and in the end are no better than buying a regualr motorhome. Will it work? Absolutely! Will it last? Maybe.

That "maybe" is what sent me to Show Hauler. I wanted to be sure I had the best construction, the strongest construction, and the most over built conversion out there. I had a brand new class a motorhome and that thing felt like a big box on the road and a wisp of wind would blow that thing around like nothing. I put more aftermarket crap on that thing and it just never felt or performed any better. When I drove this rig home, it felt like nothing I ever had driven or had been in. It was dead still in a 25 - 30 mph cross wind running at 65mph with passing big rigs! Words will never be able to explain how awesome this thing is to drive, and just how much better it handles than a traditional motorhome.

Everyone has to start somewhere and conversions definitely have a lot of options and price levels. I guess the biggest piece of knowledge I want people to come away from this site is to match your requirement for quality with the quality of the conversion you plan to build or have built. And be sure you know that quality, how it is constructed, and ask the converter a ton of questions if you're not sure. And expect to get what you pay for!

Bill