Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Building Your Own (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/)
-   -   slide out (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/slide-out-7233/)

BTLFEDBU 01-02-2014 09:20 PM

slide out

hey guys, appreciate all of your fellows knowledge, ive been reading all your input for a bit now ill call on your advice. I want to put a slide out on my toter , I found one out of a bigger camper , anybody have any advice or experience installing one? the truck is a 97 international 8100 series, built the box and now im thinking I need more room.lol

BTLFEDBU 01-05-2014 01:19 AM

nobody ??????

Gordy 01-05-2014 11:58 AM

If you put it in make sure you insulate the floor. Ask me why. Mr. Coldfoot

BTLFEDBU 01-05-2014 02:22 PM

lol im going to, ok I give up why? lol

Gordy 01-05-2014 06:36 PM

I don't have any carpet in my conversion and in this balmy weather we are enjoying in Texas now, the floors are freezing cold. More so on the sides cause there is no floor insulation whatsoever there.

andyg 01-05-2014 09:57 PM

when you cut the hole for the slide out you will also be removing a lot of the structural strength of the wall. You will have to reinforce the opening to account for this. Maybe you can look at the rv that the slide is coming from for tips on how to strengthen the opening.

mmmc101 01-07-2014 02:50 PM

Slideout

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTLFEDBU (Post 42149)
hey guys, appreciate all of your fellows knowledge, ive been reading all your input for a bit now ill call on your advice. I want to put a slide out on my toter , I found one out of a bigger camper , anybody have any advice or experience installing one? the truck is a 97 international 8100 series, built the box and now im thinking I need more room.lol

Your question is a little difficult to respond to without some additional info. For example: what is your box framed with,how large of a slide do you want and what type of slide?
I am building a toterhome with a 12' box on a W900. The small box is needed to keep from being over the 65' overall length law for RV's with the trailer I pull. So, to add space I am installing 2 opposing 7' slideouts. I looked at many slideouts in RV salvage yards and was not impressed with the quality so I deceided to build my own. I did purchase the slideout mechanisms and floor from Liftco. They sell many types and sizes of slides. I am using the wall mount touchless floor model. It can be ordered in various lengths. I custom built the box and framed the slide openings for them. I have installed one of the slide mounts and floor at this point. Not to diffcult to this point. I tried to upload some photos but I received an error. Will try again later. Look at the thread "installing the box". It has some photos that may give you some ideas.
MMM

BTLFEDBU 01-07-2014 06:09 PM

the box is frp, I was going to build a steel frame around the opening, im almost sure that the slide will be 10-12 ft. ill keep checking to see your pics. I looked at a few and this uit I have is pretty decent it has 2x6 rect. tube, and it has rollers on the ends of that that the other tube slides inside, I the middle it has 2 round tube guides, it the heaviest duty one that ive seen

mmmc101 01-14-2014 10:09 AM

slideout

Trying photo's one more time....comes back "upload file failed". Also, I can't see any photo's that are posted on any thread. Is it my computer or a site problem?
MMM

Bob86ZZ4 01-14-2014 03:05 PM

I just looked at the U Haul build thread under this one and saw a bunch of pictures. Must be something on your end?

hot rod 01-15-2014 11:20 PM

There was a site problem on pictures not displaying on a few threads I looked at over the last week or so. Maybe fixed now?

RLPRACING 01-16-2014 07:20 AM

There is a problem. I can get files to upload but it takes repeated attempts. I also get an error saying the page can not be displayed.

mmmc101 01-16-2014 12:28 PM

wall slideout/floor pictures

Trying again....still get "upload of file failed". Not sure what the problem is? It normally loads just fine.
MMM

mmmc101 01-16-2014 12:44 PM

Bob
I looked at that thread and can see those photo's however several of the other threads all I see is a box with a red x in it instead of photo's. Even some of my own threads.
MMM

mmmc101 03-02-2014 02:13 PM

Slideout and floor installed

3 Attachment(s)
Haven't worked on the toter much the last few months. Wife convinced me we needed a larger motorhome for longer trips so we now have a older Prevost Marathon for trips longer than our normal weekend jaunts.
MMM

BTLFEDBU 03-12-2014 03:13 AM

are those the liftco pieces?

BTLFEDBU 03-12-2014 03:15 AM

heres another question for you guys , where can I buy the doors for the storage compartments along the bottom?

mmmc101 03-12-2014 09:43 AM

Yes those are Liftco slide assy's. Touchless floor models.
As for storage compartment doors, I could not find any that I liked so I built my own.
Kenn's build has some really nice rollup doors I would have used if I had enough room to put them in.
MMM