Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-08-2017, 11:57 AM   #121

I think you're going to have a stinky drain hose then, aren't you? I always dump the black tank first, and then the grey water washes the inside of the accordian hose. When I'm draining the grey I shake the hose around to wash it out.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:00 PM   #122

I'm rarely ever on hook ups. When I dump I generally run a ton of fresh water though the system to flush it well

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Java230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:52 AM   #123

No real visible progress last night. Put a coat of finish on all the raw ply edges.

Also picked up the counter top material
Old 03-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #124

Child safety device in place.

Now back to the heater. I couldn't get it to pull gas from the boat tank. After pulling the tank apart I think the pickup tube was just too big for the little pulse pump. It was 3/8" ish tube. So heat gun and a piece of 3/16 and wa la, new in tank pickup.

Since I haven't gotten a chance to install the tank yet.... ghetto rigging ensures. Luckily this is all very low pressure.

It works!! Box got to 70 in a couple minutes.... Too hot.

Exhaust location since I dont think I ever posted this. No smoke or smell on kerosene.

Not about that ticking fuel pump. Its loud (mounted to the wood spacer above the frame rail in a rubber P clamp). This will need some googling.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:27 PM   #125

So I was worried we had too little heat... Not the case at all. My God. Thermostat tells the heater to turn off, and it then goes into cool down which drives the temp even higher.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #126

You simply cannot loose it in a parking lot....

But hitting the store means we are going out of town!

Munchkin seat, installed.

Got an idea to quiet down the fuel pump, quick fist to the rescue. Definitely helped.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #127

Even got some work done while we were gone, added a hand rail

Ugh too much rain!!
Old 03-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #128

Glad to hear it stayed warm. The mud and thawed out parking lots are a disaster everywhere right now. Your front rubber appears to offer more traction then my steer tires. Did you have to use your maxtrax?
mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
Glad to hear it stayed warm. The mud and thawed out parking lots are a disaster everywhere right now. Your front rubber appears to offer more traction then my steer tires. Did you have to use your maxtrax?
It wasn't actually stuck in the mud there.... That's my parking spot in front of my garage..... We got a poop load of rain, and it just sunk when I went do a little jog to get into the spot. Made a mess, my little summer car is parked on the other side of that.... I dont think its going to make it across that hole.

That parking lot was SLICK though. Like you couldn't walk on it. WE ended up shoveling snow into the lot all around the truck just to be able to walk.

I have not used the max trax on this truck yet! I have used them on many other cars in ski lots though they are handy.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:41 PM   #130

its come along very nicely! can't wait to see the interior pics once things are wrapped up.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:09 AM   #131

It was a little wet Saturday.... Makes working on the truck miserable. I strung a tarp up between the garage and truck, that helped a little....

Thats a gravel driveway under there....

And a half block from my house.

Didn't get much done. Started layout for the counter top. A lot of weird *** radiused angles on the stove... 1 3/16" radius corners?! Really?

Holes cut and nailed in place.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #132

Weather cleared up for Sunday, good. Tile time.

That was a pain in the ***...

But my lovely wife polished all the edges of the tiles for me!

First row in. Glued down with polyurethane adhesive caulk. That was interesting to trowel.

Done! Well need to grout still....

These came to try to tame the ass end a bit too.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:11 AM   #133

Anyone recognize this extrusion? I'm guessing its not proprietary to TriVan. I need a couple pieces. You can see my dirt finger line plan :sombrero: Bob the rear end a bit. Should really help with the departure angle. I will have to re-do the hitch, but this thing is built like a bomb shelter. I don't plan to tow much more than my little aluminum boat.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #134

"Grouted" the counter last night. Used black RTV silicone so it have a bit of movement.

Tape off all the edges.

Work it into the crack, then wipe as clean as possible down the tape line. Carefully pull the tape.

Then I crawled under to finish mounting the poop tank. Added large fender washer to the screws.

Now a question. This section of the tank is not supported. I hung off the back corner and it didnt really seem to flex much at all. Is it worth making a bracket to hold that back corner? Its 1/4" abs on that top flange.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:41 AM   #135

Its amazing how much time all the little stuff takes now...

Opionion Time!

Thoughts on propane tank right in front of the drive wheels? I found a ASME (permanent mount, DOT approved) tank, Its just slightly longer than I wanted.

It almost fits just right, right here:

A couple options, say fawk it and it sticks into the wheel well a couple inches. Not ideal, especially is bigger tires are involved in the future. And it will get constantly pelted.

Option 2: Hack the box in front of it up. I could cut enough of it out so the tank would tuck forward, so the back is just flush with the wheel opening.
This kills my dry storage though... I could put a divider back in, but it would never seal that well. Plus I cant weld aluminum. The up side is the stairs eat most of that box anyway, and they are often wet/snowy/messy anyway.

Option 3: BBQ style tank, originally I planned to mount it on the rear door, but it would fit in the space as well if I could find a nice way to mount it...
Tank in question.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #136

Option 2 sounds best especially since your steps have defeated the dry storage already. Maintain clearance for larger tires in the future and safe from being hit from behind or back in in to anything.

Did you decide to add the extra bracket on the black tank?

Tile job looks great.
mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:05 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
Option 2 sounds best especially since your steps have defeated the dry storage already. Maintain clearance for larger tires in the future and safe from being hit from behind or back in in to anything.

Did you decide to add the extra bracket on the black tank?

Tile job looks great.
I found a remote fill kit for the asme tanks, so I should be able to tuck it just about anywhere now.

I will do the bracket, I'd hate to have the tank drop in the middle of no where.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2017, 12:51 PM   #138

Another weekend in the books. Just a campground this weekend.

Spent some time on Sat getting the poop tank done. Made a custom "long elbow" for the vent.

Runs up the back corner and out the wall.

Added a cleanout for easy tank rinsing.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #139

And the clamshell vent over the outlet.

Getting out of the driveway was interesting. Ugh. I need some gravel.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:53 PM   #140

Pickup up the propane tank. Its big. Bigger than I planned. Its 11.9 gallons or 50lbs, and its half full and really heavy to wrestle under the truck, then to to bench press onto the jack...

But it fits, sideways, barely.

Tight on the spring hanger. A little trimming of the gaurd thing and it will slip up a little higher, should have ~1/2" clearance min.

Took some pics of the frame extension while I was down there. Its welded in, then a doubler is bolted across it.