Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 04-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #1

Default Shower surround

Found some 3/8" thick granite flat stock at a local builders surplus. Does anyone know how to cut and drill the stuff ? I assume you would just glue it to the walls like Corian ? It doesn't seem to be much heavier than Corian. I had planned on using corian for the shower and one countertop because I have worked with it before. Just thought it would be cool to have granite and I can buy it pretty cheap. All input appreciated !
MMM

mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #2

Remember the little things add up, both monetarily and weight wise!

You get to much weight forward of your rear axle, then after finishing up your project, you take it to a scale and whoops, front axle is over.
Not many trucks have much free weight on the ft axle, it is compounded with our longer wheelbases. Be careful, just say'n
-blizz

Old 04-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #3

3/8" can be fragile to handle, cut and drill with Diamond blades and drill bits. As pointed out the weight is more considerable than composites. Yes you can adhere to walls in the shower, depending on what surface you are attaching to, flex bond thin set is typically used. For countertops you must reinforce and double up the edge, 3/8" will look to thin if not doubled, G