Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #1

Default Selling my Rumrunner..

after much thought and admittance that we just don't use her like we should, the Finance Dir and I have listed our TC on Racing Junk and a few local sites.

It's a lesson on truck conversions, if you put a lot of money in an OLD TRUCK, you wind up with alot of Money on a OLD truck, which means you need a CASH buyer as Banks don't like to finace alot of money on an OLD truck.

think about that before you sink $30,40 or 50K onto the back of a $20K OLD truck. Unless you plan to use it for enough years to justifiy the depreciation come sale time.

my ad..
2009 C&S Conv. Rumrunner RV for Sale | RacingJunk Classifieds

thanks for reading my rant..
~blizz

Old 07-02-2014, 02:03 AM   #2

Sorry to hear you are letting her go, I hope you find a buyer that appreciates the work you have done, and that you don't have to give it away.

Of note, ALL rv's depreciate badly. My Dad has an immaculate class A pusher diesel, stored inside like yours and just as clean, that cost $225k new, and he is looking at $80k trade in now.

hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #3

Oh no! I know you put a TON of design and engineering and sweat and money into building that coach. I'm sorry to see you selling it. I think your asking price is certainly very fair. I hope you find a buyer. If not you just need to stop working so much and go camping.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #4

Depreciation on RV's is Brutal!! the higher price you pay for the unit the more you notice it. in my case I'll take about a 10K per year hit.

Like Hot Rods dad, the fellow I talked to about consigning it, told me some people dream of only 10K per year depreciation.

on a side note, I always consider the Rummrunner as a 100K investment just sitting in the shop. For some stupid reason, once I rationalized that its only worth 60K to a potential new owner, it seems to be easier to justify it just sitting there. Strange??

So we may use it some this summer and look at maybe another enclosed trailer for next year. And maybe just keep it. The way to sell something is to use it and enjoy it, then a buyer shows up and you have to decide keep or sell.

at least that's my luck. 'Blizz... buy high/sell low'
Old 07-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #5

I know you're listing it on Racingjunk. Do you have it other places too? I sold my Allegro on rvtraderonline or something like that.