Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #1

Default Slide......

Anyone ever built one?

After a ton of reading I think above the floor is my ticket (it's a "couch" slide) and manual would be fine.... 6'x2'

Oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #2

Oscarvan,
I am in the process of building a 12 ft toterhome with two slides 41"X 78". I purchased the floor and wall assy's from Liftco inc. They sell numerous types of slide assy's in any size you may want. I have yet to install them so I can not address the amount of difficulty at this time. Mine are the above floor "touchless" (no floor rollers). You may want to check their website. I called several slide-out manufacters. All except Liftco wanted me to have my engineering dept call them or send drawings! I'll post photo's when I begin to install them. Also, you may want look at a little wider slide, 24" is pretty narrow for a couch. Liftco advised me I needed 40" for a sleeper sofa.
MMM

mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #3

My slide is a Liftco. I'm pretty happy with it. It came with the coach so I have no idea how it was to build in. Mine is just for the jacknife sofa so it only goes out about 2' I guess. For a sofa sleeper I think you would want it to go out further. But the jacknife doesn't fold out as far. Mine has two long threaded rods that drive it out using one motor under the sofa. No problems in the three years I've owned it. I do prefer to push slightly on the one side while running it out just to keep it even and give it a bit of help. Same thing running it in I pull slightly on the one side to keep it even. Maybe I don't need to do that but it makes me feel better helping it out.