Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 02-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #11

OOOOOOPPPPPS!!
Forgot to mention the rear air suspension (which approx. 95% of trucks come with, or so it seems), which oughtta make things a BIT smoother, I hope........
As I was saying, between the air seat, Brock's air front suspension, and the aforementioned factory rear air suspension, the air-suspended cab would be a little redundant.
WHEW!
Gary

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #12

gary:......sometimes the brain works faster than the fingers.....thought you were giving up the bags in the rear[OMG!].....I really can't tell the difference because for comparisum I have a 92' Dodge CTD 4X4 with additional spring packs [7] to help with boat hauling-only 1 inch of movement between axel and frame and a VW TDI which rides like a cement paver on plastic wheels-and a roll-off wrecker with all steel springs and a foam seat that makes it possible to not chip a tooth on an expansion joint on the X-way at 55 mph....sometimes....and a Volvo 610 with air everything [but the doll]....which rides better than this office chair with 6 way seat adjustment-heat-vibration-and massage.....If I had this top of the line seat in the trucks I'd fall asleep by the end of the driveway-or on the neighbors front porch when I fell asleep behind the wheel.....too much comfort is not a good thing at my age....geofkaye

Old 02-12-2006, 02:09 PM   #13

Yeah, I guess sometimes too much is actually too much; other times too much is never really quite enough.....
Just depends, I guess.....
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:59 AM   #14

I would not consider keeping the cab air ride on a conversion as I agree with Gary in that it would not even be needed. Unless you have a conversion and have driven the truck before and after then it is difficult to understand how well the air ride works on the cab before and how well it rides after without. I drove my tractor before the conversion pulling 80,000 lbs gross weight and then drove it bobtail. The air ride cab was a big benifit. I then drove it to Show Hauler for the conversion after taking the air ride off and blocking the cab.....BIG DIFFERENCE when bobtailing. I have not driven a conversion with an air ride cab but I have to admit I can't see a need for it. With the sterched frame and the weight we just glide along even on the roughest of roads.

Wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:07 PM   #15

......drop your air ride bags with the help of a pair of vice grips and take that ride....OY!...geofkaye
Old 02-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #16

Geof,
I have a switch to drop the air ride on the truck and yes it does make for a rough ride but the air ride cab on fully streched conversion is not needed in my opinion. AS long as you have the air ride chassis there is no problem.
wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:54 PM   #17

....I do too.....I was talking aobut dropping the cab onto it's rests and taking a ride...not the frame on the axel.....probably didn't explain it so you knew what I was talking about-Brain is moving faster than the fingers.....geofkaye