Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #1

Default Starting a new project

I just made a deal on a used 1996 volvo daycab with a m11 cummins. In the design and calculating phase now have been searching for slide out kits or plans and been to the liftco site but am not seeing options or prices has anyone designed and built one themselves? I been thinking how I could do it with rollers locking mech and hydraulic cylinders it is all easy in the planning phase but actually fitting it and making it all work together is a different story.

rick2800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #2

Default Slide Outs

Good luck with your project; please keep us posted as to your progress!

For all sorts of RV related components, check out two RV surplus dealers located in White Pigeon, MI; Johnson Supply and Bontragers (maybe Bontreagers). I think they both have web sites for more information. I purchased all my windows from them for $20 each brand new. Last time I was touring these two places I saw some slide outs sitting around ready to be grabbed!

Hope this helps.

Speed Gray, K8SG
Grand Rapids, MI

Highway OPie (Speed Gray) Grand Rapids, MI: 2003 Peterbilt 379 Motorhome; 550 hp 6NZ Caterpillar C15, Eaton-Fuller 18 speed transmission, 3.36 rear; 63" sleeper and 16' Morgan box.(highwayopie@aol.com). There are many Peterbilts, but this one is mine!
Highway OPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway OPie View Post
Good luck with your project; please keep us posted as to your progress!

For all sorts of RV related components, check out two RV surplus dealers located in White Pigeon, MI; Johnson Supply and Bontragers (maybe Bontreagers). I think they both have web sites for more information. I purchased all my windows from them for $20 each brand new. Last time I was touring these two places I saw some slide outs sitting around ready to be grabbed!

Hope this helps.

Speed Gray, K8SG
Grand Rapids, MI
thanks i will check them out I been trying to figure the slide outs out looked at liftco but couldnt tell if they sell to the public or not man thats a deal on the windows.
rick2800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #4

I've been to Bontrager's, Johnson's and Graeber's. All have hundreds if not thousands of windows lying around. They offer zero help, so take a tape measure and plenty of time. You need to pay attention to the wall thickness the window is designed for, and make sure you get one that has a trim ring for the inside to install it properly. Also there is a left and a right to sliders, and for a plain rectangular window there is an up and down. You can tell by the little slit at the bottom to let water drain out. Happy hunting.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote