Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-23-2003, 05:46 PM   #1

please help, i bought an old f700. i want to build a conversion on the chassie, but i can't find any detailed plans on the building. i loved the example on this site. if anyone has any plans for any of the conversions, please send them to WMUDDAWGS@AOL.COM. or please post. i could really use everyone's help.
thanks.

SANDY6316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 10:02 PM   #2

a reasomable sized box will weigh maybe 10-15,000#....on a old F 700 series?...might want to plan it out on paper first and figure your weight against what the truck is able to haul.....'course there is also the question of air suspension and ratios-brakes-and horsepower to consider.....It will work-but will it work the way you expect? ....geof

geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 11:32 AM   #3

I don't think it will be likely that anyone will have detailed plans for a custom box for a conversion. Anyone spending the money to do up prints will most likely be a mfg'er and they are not letting out that kind of info. The guys tackling a conversion on there own will probably be doing it by the seat of their pants, making alterations as they go.

As geof pointed out you are best to be sure you have enough truck before you get to far into this. I am assuming you will be towing a trailer and with the weight of the conversion and a trailer that 700 is going to be aching. Not sure how your 700 is setup, but I have seen them come in a 23,500 GVW & 30,000 GVW version with everything from a V8 gasser to 210 hp cummins.

I think I have my links at home and I know I have promissed before, but this weekend I will try to remember to put a new category in the link section with links to companies that supply all kinds of components to build a conversion on your own. Things like all of the metal work for the corners of the box to appliances.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 01:45 PM   #4

Just found this one

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 02:40 PM   #5

I am also looking for sites and information on building a toter.I want to build one to pull a smaller enclosed trailer with. Can you use truck boxes and what are best trucks to use. Thanks
gracn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:33 PM   #6

Look for the one with the longest "NO LEAK" warranty....that seems a precurser to failure at the joints...geof
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 08:15 AM   #7

What i am looking for is the do's and definitely Don'ts. And if anyone has any kind of drawings or idea's that would be great to. I am just trying to learn from others success's or failure's hoping to lessen mine. Thanks again.

gracn66 is offline   Reply With Quote