Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-09-2004, 07:23 PM   #1

In our Columbia is a the standard Freightliner radio/cd player. Supposed to be satelite ready. Noty sure if it's Sirius or XM. Also what do I need to do to make it work? I have XM in other vechiles through Pioneer modulators, but prefer to go through main radio and not have extra unit on dash. Last but not least, small gutter mount antena or go for the big mirror mount. Kinda looks cool. THANK YOU

Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 07:28 PM   #2

Also CB radio, where do I find the hook ups for it. The cab is prewired, antenna are there but where's the rest? And waht is a good CB to install. THANK YOU

Old 10-10-2004, 12:43 AM   #3

All you need to hook up a CB are the power wires and antenna cable, all of which you say you have found. What do you consider the "rest"?
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 05:19 AM   #4

I can't find the wires inside, where do they hide them? I know it's wired, but where is it hiding I guess is a better question
Old 10-10-2004, 01:50 PM   #5

There might be a couple of RCA(or similar) jacks somewhere on or under the dash. This is so a company driver can remove and install his own CB very quickly. Other than that, you might contact the previous owner(or dealer if the truck is new) to find out where the wires are. Hope this helps.
Gary
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:01 PM   #6

Ok what about adding XM..
Old 10-14-2004, 09:13 PM   #7

Hello Dutchman,
Well if it was my problem the first thing I would do would be to contact Cruthfield and get information from them.. they have a fairly good database of regular vehicles and I am sure they have at least some experience with class 8s...not to mention a large selection of equipment... I have installed seversal of their units and only once stumped them.. but how many Toyota Previa all trac LE s do you see with the premium sound system,, If you do see one be assured there is instructions in their database now..I wrote it...lol...I spent 8 hours doing it so anyone else can do it in 20 minutes..Good luck,
John
5erFool (John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:49 PM   #8

Hey Camping Dutchman, you have a Columbia correct? The lower screen on your overhead center console comes out. Be careful when you pry it off, either the front or rear should come off first, you should see if a tab is in deep. After the screen is off, you need a Torx bit to remove the plastic trim piece on the drivers side and then just pop off the plate to have a place to set your CB, the wires and coax are inside. Call me with any questions- Bob Dill from WestsideMotorcoach.com (847)812-2972
rjdhomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:53 PM   #9

For satellite, try the Sirius Streamer. It has an FM modulator that will put music into your dash radio and also should work with your coach entertainment system. You can see pictures of a unit mounted in a Columbia if you look at the 2005 on our inventory page. Bob Dill- www.westsidemotorcoach.com

rjdhomes is offline   Reply With Quote