Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 09-02-2003, 07:42 PM   #111

Great looking outfit. It really came out nice. I think the inside is super. I was wondering about it when you cut the cab. The colors inside are great. Hope you enjoy to the max.

shoepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 09:29 AM   #112

It looks great! If you need to dress up the dash, check out iowa80.com

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 05:39 AM   #113

I started my inverter install today. I found a new in box Xantrex 1200 on ebay. This will be used to power the TV/VCR/DVD, heat tape and satellite. Finding a transfer switch was a ~real~ chore but I have one like this on the way: http://www.krausnaimer.com/0/switch/cat100.htm
I also bought a 9' 18watt heat tape for the drain station that is thermostatically controlled to come on at 38*. I will wire this into the inverter full time as well.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 06:49 AM   #114

The Whisperking water pump is noisy as hell and has pathetic flow. I like Warpath have chosen to upgrade. This is the one I picked: http://www.shurflo.com/pages/Marine/...ensor_var.html
Old 09-05-2003, 09:05 AM   #115

I have a Surflow on my airboat for the spray bar on the front....it was noisey on the aluminum hall untill I moved it to a 1 inch thick foam pad from an ultra thick carpet padding job-now it is completely silent. The carpet padding is held on with glue and the pump is held on with vinal tape....geof-near Cincinnati
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 09:42 AM   #116

SH did a great job mounting the water pump under the bed bolted to the floor...it's the pulsation in the lines that makes them all shake that drives me nuts. I have a boat that has the same pump but I like it in it. If I have a water leak I ~REALLY~ WANT TO KNOW!!
Old 09-10-2003, 03:42 PM   #117

The water pump swap was a sucess! The ShurFlow 5.7 took 15 minutes to install and made a huge difference. Like it says on the box "Pressure like at home". Dead silent too!
Old 09-17-2003, 02:23 PM   #118

I got my inverter (a $79 Xantrex xPower 1000) wired in. I mounted it in the cargo bin adjacent to the battery box and ran #2 welding cable to the batteries. I then ran 10 ga. romex to the breaker panel (not fun fishing it up the wall)to the circuits for the entertainment related stuff. I put a power strip in the cabinet which turns on the TV,VCR,DVD,Satellite. I also put in a splitter so I can watch satellite/DVD/VCR on the bedroom TV as well. I also wired into the same circuit a thermostatically controlled 8', 18w heat tape. I wrapped it aroung the dump station plumbing followed by a layer of fiberglass insulation, a layer of plastic wrap and a layer of aluminum tape. Now I don't have to worry about frozen plumbing! I'll post pics when I get a chance. Tomorrow my Bigfoot levelers should be here...YAY!
Old 09-18-2003, 09:07 PM   #119

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick:
The water pump swap was a sucess! The ShurFlow 5.7 took 15 minutes to install and made a huge difference. Like it says on the box "Pressure like at home". Dead silent too!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid if it's too quiet, you may have a water leak or a tap not quite shut and just run water ... can you hear a bit of something when it's running?
SandCarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 04:50 AM   #120

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandCarFan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick:
The water pump swap was a sucess! The ShurFlow 5.7 took 15 minutes to install and made a huge difference. Like it says on the box "Pressure like at home". Dead silent too!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid if it's too quiet, you may have a water leak or a tap not quite shut and just run water ... can you hear a bit of something when it's running?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not unless the shower is running full blast. Aint it a beautiful thing? No more getting woke up everytime someone uses the potty!