Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 05-21-2003, 07:18 PM   #1

Due date 7 weeks. Here is the chassis.

[This message was edited by warpath on May 22, 2003 at 08:36 AM.]

Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 11:46 AM   #2

Where are the details on the truck and the conversion for that matter?

Tell all!

Also what are you doing about the color? And will you be having the coach custom painted?

This is a dalemia I am going through right now. I love the all white, but also think a cool paint job would really change the apperance. I was just shot down by a painter due to to much work. This is the second time and I think it it is a sign telling me to leave it alone. If I do leave it white, I will add a 8" strip of SS down the side.

So far everyone that has seen it in person say's leave it white. And a few of these where people who say it in a picture and thought I should paint it.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 02:41 PM   #3

The chassis is a 98' N-14 Cummins 430/470hp,10 speed auto-shift, 3.55 gears,factory refurb w/ a 100k warranty. I'm still undecided on several options but I will post the complete list soon. The truck including bumper will get painted white by SH. I plan to paint some sort of design later using a bright silver color. I don't know exactly what yet but this design: http://www.truckconversion.net/photo....php?photo=145 has caught my eye. My coach will not get back from the chassis stretch and paint for at least 2 weeks, so...7 weeks from then is the estmated due date. Stay tuned for more pics...Lonnie at SH has promised lots!!

[This message was edited by Patrick on May 22, 2003 at 04:52 PM.]
Old 05-22-2003, 05:35 PM   #4

Hey Patrick-
Looks like you're gonna have one bitchin' lookin' conversion. I've also been considering using a Century, only a midroof because I thought it might lend itself more easily to conversion than the full condo roof. That being said, what are you goint to do with your sleeper? Cut it off behind the cab? Leave it as is (but strip the inside) and put the coach behind it? There are many ways to go, as you know by now! Keep us all posted!
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 08:08 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Atsma:
Hey Patrick-
Looks like you're gonna have one bitchin' lookin' conversion. I've also been considering using a Century, only a midroof because I thought it might lend itself more easily to conversion than the full condo roof. That being said, what are you goint to do with your sleeper? Cut it off behind the cab? Leave it as is (but strip the inside) and put the coach behind it? There are many ways to go, as you know by now! Keep us all posted!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary, The cab will get cut off just aft of the sun roof, just like the previous conversion of the day pic. This way there will be a stand up pass thru. I'll keep you posted!
Old 05-29-2003, 02:51 PM   #6

Here are the current options chosen:

Standard slide-out.
Slide-out awning.
17' awning.
Upgrade LP tank to 31 gal. w/ accesories fitting.
Thermal windows.
Double insulation.
New cab seats w/ Ultra-leather.
Extra 100 gal. fresh water tank.
Remote camera.
Ultra-leather upgrade on dinette and sofa.
Pergo flooring in living, hall and bath.
Recessed cooktop.
Skylight in bath.

I will do/install later myself:
Cab paint.
Bigfoot levelers.
Docking lights.
King-Dome in motion satellite.
Sub woofer under dinette.

Free options I chose:
All white, no chrome or polished aluminum.
Bull nose formica counter tops.
Berber carpet in bedroom, under sofa.
Oak valances.

Somethings still under consideration:
Inverter or not? Instead of blowing $4000 on an
inverter/solar panel,6v battery bank, I'm thinking about more diesel storage and just running the diesel generator. My thinking is..you can't wear it out, it puts out way more juice than the inverter that only lasts 3-4 hours a charge. Any thoughts?
Old 05-29-2003, 10:09 PM   #7

I don't even want propane. I want all electric.....a good diesel generator will last along time and if serviced properly, should last as long as the coach....I still want to see Bill's in June at Nashville-that's when I'll make the final decision on a Volvo/Showhauler or a Volvo/trailer as all the Showhaulers I have looked at are new and at the most have 8000 miles on them and maybe 10 days of use at the most....I need to see a older coach with a lot of miles on it before I make the final decision....geof
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 07:06 AM   #8

Geof, You'll need LP for the fridge no matter what. It's a nice redundant feature for heat as well and cheaper(because of it's intermittent use)than the generator to run. I'm hoping w/ my setup I'll be able to boondock for 2 weeks at a time.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:32 AM   #9

Why would one need LP for the refrigerator or any other appliance/use? If one is dedicated to going all electric, all that is needed to is to spec all of the accessories accordingly.
Myself, I would probably go that way (don't want the flammable tank of LP), and use solar panels and as many deep cycle (storage) batteries as possible to minimize the generator use.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 07:58 AM   #10

Patrick -

One other option you may want to consider is a bedroom slide. I really, really wish I would have added that to my options list. Everything else I am really happy with. I did not go with a inverter, but I also stay at campgrounds which have power. I run the generator everytime we travel, for the TV, fridge & AC. You have to run the thing under load at least once a month anyway.

geof -

Are you just stopping by or are you going to be at the rally? I have done a bunch of mod's which I will post in a new topic, and been out camping (can you call it that in one of these?) quite abit lately. Actually the last CG we where at the people there thought I was a country music star coming in for a concert which was going on down the road. I had a bunch a people stopping by in the rain to see who I was. I couldn't figure out what the heck they where doing until someone mentioned that. I had to laugh.

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote