Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Building Your Own (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/)
-   -   New ND build (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/new-nd-build-6010/)

dirtdevil 03-18-2011 01:09 AM

New ND build

Hey fellas, I appreciate the info gained from this forum, after tossing around the idea of a toterhome conversion, I believe i have taken my first step into the conversion /fab purchase Im not a frequent heavy truck enthusiest and my knowleged of heavy trucks is pretty light, Im pulling a rather light load a 36' gooseneck filled with racecar,tools and a push/pit vehical,I overlooked a toter years ago built by Powerhouse conversions and the rig seemed to fit my needs exactly , (besides its price) I easily get annoyed with the idea of the one ton dually working hard to achieve my ignorance of the duty at hand , besides the convienance of my crew,AC ,shower .lodging ect all just seems to fall into place with a toter, Im purchaseing a 93 FLD 120,Eaton Fuller 13sp, Detroit Deisel series 60 , with much expected mileage on a coach of this year, I honestly will not put 20,000mi max on the truck a year , Ironically the truck has started its dismanteling of the twin screw axle, hitch, and sleeper, im purchasing a project in start stages I guess, it saved me a bit of time luckily, besides, those items would be more stuff to trip over in the shop or sell, the price was right on the unit and im setting forth into a looooong, but, hopefully enjoyable process, Im a electrician by trade and have tremendous fab skills I take great pride in fit and finish, (although not always well exicuted)lol, anyway, i understand some of you on this forum are from ND, I will be spending a good portion of this summer checking out other conversons ect to get some ideas on what to do and not to do , ill proubly be traveling through or staying nearby some weekends , any help in your builds is greatly appreciated , drop me a line, again, thanks for the help and interest.

Bob86ZZ4 03-18-2011 07:49 AM

This is great news. Sounds like a fun project. I'm in St. Paul and my family's lake home is in Detroit Lakes. So, we get up there a few times a summer. I'd love to come over and check out your truck. I got to see BlizzND's truck awhile ago and had a great visit. I usually drive my truck up there so we have our own bedroom/bathroom and don't have to clean up everybody else's mess. So, you're building a box for the living quarters and a deck for the gooseneck hitch? You're going to love driving the truck way more than a 1 ton p/u.

blizzardND 03-18-2011 11:44 AM

dirt devil, give me a call, I may have some leftovers that I'll make you a heck of a deal on..

cell 7oh1-793-oh919
-todd
-blizz

dirtdevil 03-18-2011 05:23 PM

yes, the rig will be outfitted to pull a gooseneck, box length is yet to be determined, I dont think ill be doing much out of the ordinary, proubly just a cool spot to rest after a long night gettn dusty for myself and crew , that is, untill the wife takes over, "aww shucks , it looks tuff and manly on the outside ". lol thanks Blizz, ill drop you a line sometime soon here this week.
my insurance it pretty confused after today how to treat this rig, untill it gets inspected that is, anyway, ill keep in touch

hot rod 03-18-2011 05:47 PM

My insurance company (state farm) was a little confused as well. As it was a cab chassis when I bought it, but licensed non-commercial they basically rated it just like my picup truck. When I finish the conversion, I have to bring it in for photos and they will rate it as an rv with the appropriate value.