Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-28-2005, 02:19 PM   #1

I know that I am not anywhere as near hardcore as most of those on this board, but am looking for suggestions on getting into a low end motorhome/toterhome. I would like one big enough to take along family and friends, but not one that I have to live out of to justify the costs. Race away from home 9 + weekends a year. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

ILMODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:29 PM   #2

ilmodman--- could you give us a bit more info-- how many in your family what sleepin arangements are you looking for?-- i asume that you are looking to pull a trailer with your coach??? -- how big is the trailer? --- just a suggestion-- check out some of the floor plans on some of the caoches that are listed in the links section-- let us know what appeals to you --- oh the most impt thing-- check out wera's coach his is a real steal and at a very fair price.--- hope this helps-- -- gald to ahve you aboard--- mase

vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:29 PM   #3

....."steal" is the key word here -he is giving it away at $120K an he will probably do better if you are serious with cash and all....geof kaye
Old 03-01-2005, 10:22 AM   #4

Thanks for the update guys and feedback. I checked out Wera's hauler before posting my first post, and although it is a very nice unit, it is way more than I would ever consider, Unless it is someone giving it to me.

Just kidding! But not on the way more than I had ever thought about part. Looking for something that can sleep 4-5 people and that the kids can play in while at the track.

Nothing like my house, cost or spacial wise! Just looking for better pulling rig, than my previous 1500HD/2500HD. They just did not get the job done, fuel economy wise, or practicality wise. $40,000 trucks that were only used to pull a 28' Millenium tag. So, if I am going to spend $40K on a truck, might as well be one that can haul, sleep, and keep resale.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:52 PM   #5

Here are a few

http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/vi...Toterhome.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/vi...Toterhome.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/vi...toterhome.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/vi...-for-sale.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/vi...toterhome.html

And there are a bunch more on that site.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:30 AM   #6

Warpath,

Thanks for the links, I had not seen some of those but they are they "type" I am looking for.

If anyone comes across others please let me know.

ILMODMAN
Old 03-03-2005, 11:35 AM   #7

.....ILMODMAN....I see where WERA has lowered his price to 108k.....now is the time....geof kaye
Old 03-03-2005, 12:56 PM   #8

Only issue is that the 108k is the drop dead price, no OBO according to the boss lady.

And it got two brand new tires yesterday as well as an oil change and the guys are set up to wax it next week
Old 03-03-2005, 03:10 PM   #9

Sean,
Have you tried to sell it on Ebay? I sold mine in Nov. and it brought a good price.
Wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:23 PM   #10

ILMODMAN
we are building a Pete 379 motorhome conversion right now. as soon as the Pete is drivable we will sell our MDT;
96 International 4900, 200k miles, DT466HT (high torque), 33klbs downrated to 26klbs (non CDL), road ranger 6-speed, 200 gallon diesel, 55 gallon fuel, air rear susp, air bags added to the front(for a better ride), air seats, all virgin 22.5 tires on aluminum rims (40% front 90% rear), trailer hitch/wiring.
the truck has a 76" alumibunk sleeper and a 17' morgan box.
the sleeper has two beds and two captain chairs (one is wider and can seat a extra kid if needed) fresh carpet and upholstery, well insulated, comfortable and very quiet.
the box is also well insulated and semi finished inside (needs some finish work); shower, toilette, big sink/cabinet/mirror, 7'kitchen with sink, space for micro, small fridge, long bench (can be used as bed) and a folddown queen-size bed (sleeps 2). plumbed for hot and cold water. gray and black holding tank. E-track's in the rear (can hold up to 3 ATV's) great reliable truck, but could use some fresh paint on the outside

we are asking $17'000
let me know if that would be something for you
stephan

Wera; still for sale? thats a very nice truck for the $$ i copy your spec's and send them to some friends and customers
-in the shop: Pete "38
spooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by Wick:
Sean,
Have you tried to sell it on Ebay? I sold mine in Nov. and it brought a good price.
Wick
Not yet, but that is a good idea, I'll have to look into it. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #12

Spooner - first off - I'm jealous of the rails!!! Yes the rig is still for sale and thanks for the help
Old 03-04-2005, 05:50 PM   #13

ILMODMAN, Check out Pony Express, I saw them at PRI Show and they looked very nice for the money.

http://www.ponyxp.net/

Bob
rjdhomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:41 AM   #14

Here is one that i looked at before on the Deals on Wheels website...

2005 22' motorhome

Any pros/cons

ILMODMAN
Old 03-24-2005, 07:13 PM   #15

Well, I would have to say that the price is "right". Not much information to go by in the ad though. What about the chassis? Miles? Motor? Trans? Recent OH? Everything I have looked at in that price range had some serious deficiencies.
John (C-IL) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:02 PM   #16

Still waiting on reply to that information.
When i called a couple weeks ago they said that they have probably never built two alike and are built on mid - late 90's freightliner's or kenworth's.

that is in my price range, but want to make sure that the money will not be pissed away...i already have a race car!
Old 03-24-2005, 10:28 PM   #17

That motorhome looks like it might be one from S & S Welding. Greenwood, Nebraska. They have a web site.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by cm:
That motorhome looks like it might be one from S & S Welding. Greenwood, Nebraska. They have a web site.
Actually it is from Powerhouse Conversions (NOT to be confused with Powerhouse Coach), and they, too have a website ( www.powerhouseconversions.com ) . Their E-mail address is shown in their ad that you saw. They will also build on customer-supplied trucks, making it more of a known quantity. I hope this helps.
Gary

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote