Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-15-2003, 08:59 PM   #1

I stumbled on this site a few days ago and found it interesting in that the info presented here took me hours and hours to locate on various sites all over the web.

I toyed with the idea of getting a truck conversion MoHo after seeing many of them at the NHRA drag races in Pomona a couple years back. They are REALLY popular with the sportsman class racers (with money left after building their race cars. ).

Due to finances (vs. goals), we ended up doing the truck/camper combination for now because of the lack of towing capacity of most MoHo's.

I've narrowed down the "ultimate" purchase in three to five years as a C120 with a 28-30' conversion on the back. Currently have settled on NRC but am open to SH as well. I only intend to purchase it once vs. doing the move up thing. Definitely already eliminated the whole MoHo route.

Went as far as developing the floor plan, specing out the conversion, specing out the truck up to and including getting the Freightliner dealer to quote it ...

Then WHAMMO ... had to delay the whole thing ...

Be assured that I'll be watching/contributing on this board

SandCarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 07:50 PM   #2

Smart guy skippin the MoHo route. I had one high end diesel pusher and that was 1 MoHo too many. The whole misguided concept of a bus look alike is an engineering bastard. They are nothing more than underpowered cab-over semis stretched and painted up like pimp mobiles. The bone jarring ride is denied by those who spend their last dollar on their dream coach, so the trend lives on. An average Class A sees (guessing here) 80,000 miles in a decade so the design of these coaches reflect that. A truck conversion on the other hand is built on a chassis that was designed to see 100,000+ miles a year! Welcome to the board and congrats on not loosing your ass on the insane depreciation of a Class A.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote