Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-09-2005, 03:58 PM   #1

Thought you guys would like to see the truckconversion that just arrived at our campground in Davenport, Florida over the weekend.

Dave George

RVrs R US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #2

Is that a Jeff Foxworthy conversion.. You know your a redneck when.......

Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #3

.....and you didn't kick him out?....thought that was the thing to do in Fla. now....something about an age limit or design of a MH or Trailer......geofkaye
Old 08-10-2005, 06:05 AM   #4

Quote:
and you didn't kick him out?....
Nah, we gave him a pass because he was showing the flag.

Actually, the guy didn't look like he had a lot of money but he sure has lots of ingenuity.

Dave
RVrs R US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by RVrs R US:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and you didn't kick him out?....
Nah, we gave him a pass because he was showing the flag.

Actually, the guy didn't look like he had a lot of money but he sure has lots of ingenuity.

Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>looks kinda ugly ...but i think your right; i bet this guy is more fun to talk with then a guy who just pushed some $$ over the counter to get his Truck
-in the shop: Pete "38
spooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:16 PM   #6

Hey, look at it this way- he already has a fairly late-model truck (at least compared to the coach), so if the present coach (a VERY tired fifth-wheel) ever peters out, he only has to junk it and mount a later-model unit. The possibilities are endless.......
But for now, it definitely has that "Grapes of Wrath" look to it; the Joads would have loved it.
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:19 AM   #7

.....kinda like that guy over on Escapees that took all that crap when he bought that daycab with the single axel....."Ghillie" I think his handle is....anyway no matter what happens to any of his equipment he still has a power unite to re-design any way he wants it....which makes a lot of sense to me-[against the grain again]-he can change to any type of trailer or can drop a Showhauler box on it with a stretch......kinda advanced thinking if you will......He is starting out with a unite than he can do anything with......geofkaye
Old 08-11-2005, 04:44 PM   #8

Great minds DO think alike.......
BTW, Geof, the word "unit" has no "e" on the end
Sorry man(well, a little) couldn't resist, I'm getting real anal in my old age about misspells........
Old 08-11-2005, 06:12 PM   #9

.....I gots to get a better spelz checker....OY!....or maybe I shouldn't rely on it at all.......geofkaye[I just checked and spelz went through!]
Old 08-11-2005, 07:25 PM   #10

Sometimes Geof, ya just gotta fly by the seat the ol' Fruit 'o the Looms! Kinda burns once in a while, though!
Old 08-12-2005, 04:56 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by KAYE RIVERCITY:
.....I gots to get a better spelz checker....OY!....or maybe I shouldn't rely on it at all.......geofkaye[I just checked and spelz went through!]
You can't always rely on spell checks. Unite is a word, but it is pronounced you-night. Spell check correctly allowed it through because spell check doesn't check to see if the word makes sense, only if it is spelled correctly.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:35 PM   #12

So, in all reality, what is thew downside to doing such a conversion? The two I see are the "space" under the upper part of the fifth wheel, but there must be a decent looking solution, just think of the added storage space. The second is, the entry, But again, some stairs or something should work. I really like the current fifth I have, but want to go to a conversion or a bus. Seems if there were solutions to the two situations I have already covered,unless there are more, it would be a good combo, class 8 with everthing I already know and like. Looking forward to some ideas/opinions.
Deanndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:11 PM   #13

...I converted a new 37' carhauler to fit my needs and my coming needs as far as I can project....I wanted the trailer to be low to the ground for ease of entrance for me or a boat or a car or whatrever'specially if the knee replacements don't go as planned....Dog and I are getting old. Tractor can be replaced as the only thing I did to it was the bed/generator and cab insulation'with atractor with an automatic transmission or even a off the shelf hydraulic lift if I can still shift.....Or an toterhome if things go really bad.....I'm all 120/240 vac or 12 vdc so if anything goes sour I can go to my local Wal-mart and get a replacement usually 24 hours a day....worry about the exchange/warranty later...geofkaye