Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #1

I am at the point to start putting my black and gray tanks in, I was going to put them between the main supports and the floor. This would require raising the floor in the bathroom and bedroom about 5 to 6 inches... does anyone have a better idea ???
My living quarters are 25 feet by 8 feet inside dimensions with an 8 foot inside height for ceiling... the main frame work is done and I have a good start on the cargo/baggage doors.My main goal is to get it skinned before fall, so I can make another trip to Elkhart !!!
I am building this on a 2000 Sterling Cat C-10, 10 speed trans... any advise would be helpful
Thanks
Burt

Burt Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #2

Is there any way to hang them down between the frame rails? There seems to be a lot of open space above and alomg side of the drive shafts on some models. I would also consider some kind of heavy steel hoop to prevent the drive shaft from taking out the tank in the unlikly event of a U joint failure...just a thought.

I think Vapappa did something like that once.

Rad

Old 08-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #3

just another idea....
If you put the water tanks inside the body of the truck, they are less likely to freeze.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #4

I had a buddy of mine come over we think we can get them below the floor , without degrading the support of the sidewalls and only raising the floor a couple inches...
Thanks
Old 08-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #5

I built a heavy steel frame around a lighter steel box to serve as a replacement for a frame crossmember that was in my way. I insulated that box and dropped the tank into that. Just a thought.
blizz

Old 08-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #6

Blizz, we should have realized that you'd have a picture.

Well Done!

Doc Weaver
Old 08-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #7

.....one can always get cool/cold...but it takes lot to get warm....you know who!
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:55 AM   #8

yes, i put my fresh water tank at the rear of the frame between the rails. the black tank is on thr right side of the driveshaft mounted verticaly and the grey is on the curb side mounted verticaly. this setup has worked flawlesly for 10 years.----------- mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #9

AWESOME,
I am finishing up cargo area in the next day or two and want to started on the tanks ... I think I can still get something like Blizz's to work !!!
THANK YOU
ps....
It is so cool to feel like I am getting somewhere on it, hopeing to get it together by Novemberish to take a run ti Elkhart for more interior "STUFF" !!!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:51 AM   #10

I'd think you want the tanks as close to the left side for flushing? The shorter the distance the better wouldn't it be? Maybe it doesn't matter, I don't know. I guess you at least want the black tank directly under the toilet, that must be the most important thing isn't it?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #11

.....INCINOLET....AND ONE DOESN'T HAVE FRET OVER THE SMALL STUFF THAT MAKES LIFE A PIA......geofkaye and the Rivercity Girlz......
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #12

I think I got them to work, the floors are next, side walls are framed/welded in ...after the floor I have to mock up the ac's and roof vents, fridge and heater then skin it !!!
Sounds Easy , I will keep pluggin away !!!