Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 04-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #1

Default toter body/shell

I am looking to build a toter on an FL60 (not purchased yet). I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find anybody in or near Arizona that just builds the shell at a reasonable price so I can finish the inside. Does anybody know of a company? If not in Arizona, somewhere on the West Coast??

Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #2

If you just want the shell made check with local welding/fab shops.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #3

There was one place I found on the internet in the midwest that did the shell/plumbing, gray and black tanks,windows, door....just the basics. That is what I would really like. Someone who has done this more than once, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. I guess I can also check with the shops. I hadn't thought about that. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #4

Glenn, do you mind sharing the name of the place you found? I am in the midst of looking for a place myself. I have not had much luck finding a place that is either affordable or willing to do this on the west coast. Most of the truck body builders are not interested in a one off project, and the fabrication shops would do an excellent job on the framing, but fall short on skinning and the finishing. I do not have a shop large enough to house a project, and do not relish the idea of building from scratch in my yard (sure my neighbors do not either) especially with the NW fickle weather. I am off to visit a bunch of the Indiana builders in a few weeks along with Hawk Engineering in Missouri, who seems to be accepting of a partial build.

Dave
Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #5

I just started looking. I haven't made any calls. Some of the websites I found (including Hawk Engineering) are: Spacecraftmfg.com, hhrvresource.com.......and actually on racingjunk.com in Independence MO someone has a 13ft conversion that they will put on your fl60 for $16,500 basically complete!! You have to go into the website and under search type in their phone number 816-836-5899. Please keep me posted if you find anything. I am really surprised that there isn't more out there.
**forgot....also found tomsracetrailers. net
Old 04-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #6

I have had several emails with Jason Hawk, and so far he seems to very receptive to building to any level on any truck. his work looks seems very nice, and I look forward to meeting him and seeing his facility, along with several others. I think the company in Independence MO is one I checked into online also, If if remember correctly when I located their address and looked it up on google earth, I was not overly impressed with the looks of their facility. While I am a thrifty individual, I also am a firm believer in you get what you pay for most of the time, and his prices seemed a bit to low to be believable. I will post a report on my findings from all the manufactures when I return. next month.
Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #7

This dude is on the Escapee forum as a member and RV'er, and built his own. But he also does it for a living. He has pointed out he'll do partial builds......

Custom Motorhomes, Motorcoaches, Toterhomes, Truck Sleepers, and Enclosed Trailers :: Transport Designs

Here's his personal blog:

http://www.carefreeway.com/

A link to my yappin' over there....

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=98328&st=0
Oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #8

BlizzardND had a guy build his shell, maybe he can tell us that guy's name/business? Seems to me something like S&S or similar, and he was in South Dakota?