Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #1

I am in the process of building a toterhome on a Kenworth W900B chassis. The box will be 12 feet in length. I want to install a slide that will accomodate a 78 inch sleeper sofa.I have discovered there are many different type slides....above the floor,under the floor,level floor etc etc. Some are electric screwdriven,others are Hydraulic.I have completed the hitches and the truck bed. I am ready to start building the box.The floor will be 2"X4" 11ga steel tubing. Any suggestions on the best type slide for this aplication would be greatly appreciated. MMM

mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #2

Surely someone out there has installed a slide and could give me some lessons learned! Any input would be greatly appreciated. I really hate re-do's ! Thanks in advance for your input.

mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:36 AM   #3

I ordered my sideout parts from www.barkermfg.com (Bob) I'm in the process of building my slide frame work right now I have ran the slideout in & out a couple of times just to make sure of clearance and it runs very smoooth I'm not sure how to post pics here but I could email you some
frodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:20 AM   #4

I tried to post pics they are a little small I'll work on getting better pics this weekend of the sideout (The pics are under new hauler)
frodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote