Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #1

I'd stay away from them as the heat does distort the aluminum and leaves a heat/grease track up the side of the M/H that is visible with the accumulation of dirt and dew....I'm recommending a s/s grill that is table mounted and a separate gas bottle and hose....I can't think of any other safer setup than the heat/cooking away from the M/H that is reasonable$$ and safer...your thoughts may vary but I think of safe and sound when fooling around with gas and gas grills.......geofkaye

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #2

I had to make some compromises, but I set out to not have propane on the truck. using a propane grill away from the truck would be okay, but you still have to transport it.

Doc Weaver

Old 05-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #3

....BOSCH MADE ME A CUSTOM HWH TO TRY...I'd stay away from hauling propane around if there was an alternative way to get around it but the instant electrics are NOT! enough and expensive to have a larger generator....so I whined an got them to make me one that fit "my demands".....I want as much hot water as possible on one tank of propane....[20# equal 1000 gallons]....so this new model will make me 600 gallons at 104 degrees all the time on a 20#cylinder no matter what the temp of the incoming water down to 33 degrees....that is their warranty to me[what ever that is worth] this way I can eliminate all the mixing of water to get the right temp for showers and sink water to do whatever.....NO cold water side-only HOT....saves all the plumbing and that expense.[..after all-all water leaks are on the cold side anyway...] water pump or white hose is the same specs....and it is outside mounted not in the coach except for water hoses and everything is automatic....haul it out-hang on side of coach-attach hoses and plug in to 110vac everything is automatic and weather proof....and NO GAS INSIDE OF COACH-NO CO AND NO FIRES!.....geofkaye
Old 05-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #4

I did a lot of the same thing. I used a bosch 4 gallon point of use, mini tank (electric). I too used only hot water side. The only thing I used hot water for is showers, and I take fast showers. It stays hot through the entire time and recovers fast even though it is electric. I cook with the microwave, and the refrigerator is all electric. With the 26 gallon tank on my generator, I can be totally independent for days without propane.

One extra, when connecting the hot side alone, make sure you cap the cold side. I accidentally opened the cold valve on the shower and the hot water leaked out the cold side. It's all fixed now.

Doc Weaver
Old 05-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #5

.....My 2 show girls take showers that last at least 45 minutes each to do hair and all body parts with at least 3 different applications of hair/body stuff and then there is drying and curling and fluffing etc-[show girlz are mass energy users].....at least 50-120 gallons of water and a 20#er every 4 days-at least!......and then there are the AMPS for other electrical devices and then heat and A/C in the trailer-[at the same time]....plus dehumidifier and fans...plus clothes to wash and dry+spot ironing....make-up mirror lites and curling irons/straighteners and somethings that just hummm....I have no idea what they are for....[and don't want to!].....I go out to eat as it is easier and safer than being around them though they will follow to the nearest salad bar.....then the GIRLS go out and drink with the sales guys.....[leaving those fools broke and horney-and the sales guys have massive hang overs in the AM!-which is good for my business-as they can't think at all!]....and so it goes.....geofkaye
Old 05-19-2009, 06:14 AM   #6

I think the old adage is,"If you want to <span class="ev_code_RED">play</span> with the big boys, you have to <span class="ev_code_RED">pay</span> with the big boys". Show girls constitutes playing with the big boys.

Doc Weaver
Old 05-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #7

...thank the GOOD LORD for tax deductions.....though" DA' OBOMO " will change that too in 2010.....while he spreads it around.....and I sure hope his wife's costume for HALLOWEEN fits [if you saw the joke I sent out yesterday or so]......geofkaye
Old 05-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #8

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to buy any big ticket items that you may want - NOW!
When we get "stimulated" I do believe we will also get screwed with double digit inflation. It stands to reason that when da blama prints enough paper to double the money supply - that paper won't be worth what it is today. (IMO)
Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob E:
I'm thinking it might be a good idea to buy any big ticket items that you may want - NOW!
Absolutely! I bought all my stuff factory direct!

Quote:
It stands to reason that when da blama prints enough paper to double the money supply - that paper won't be worth what it is today. (IMO)
Too late, it is devalued daily

Doc Weaver