Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-09-2003, 03:50 PM   #1

I bought a six-month policy (in Feb) from GMAC on my (onezman) Volvo. GMAC first quoted me a price of $564.00. Two weeks after the policy took effect, they sent me a refund of $25.00, making the total cost of $539.00. Yesterday, I got a brand new policy and a statement saying I owed another $101.00, making my six-month policy cost $640.00. There was no explanation for the increase -- not even a kiss. Anyone ever had a similar experience with GMAC or other carrier? I'll be calling them on Monday to find out what the heck changed to merit this increase; but it sure feels like I'm being screwed. Do I just break out the vaseline and accept it? Comments, please. Joe

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 N14Cummins

JoeHDVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 05:49 PM   #2

Vasoline PO-lease!.....let us know the limits on the policy and what the bottom line is......Have wou checked with Progressive which is RV America?...I don't pay that for 3 vehicles in a whole year.....wonder what gives>....geof

geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 06:23 PM   #3

Well, I found out what the rate raise was all about. According the GMAC, I didn't verify my wife's information at the time I was insured (age, dirver's license #, etc.). Since they didn't have it on file "the computer" automatically generated a rate increase. After some rather direct comments and after providing the necessary information to make "the computer" happy, mt rate was lowered back down to $539 fee. Still high - but I'll live with it until I get the truck converted and registered as a motorhome. Progressive and RV America won't touch the Volvo while it's still considered a truck, especially without a trailer to insure along with it. Joe

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 N14Cummins
JoeHDVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote