Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-08-2003, 06:01 PM   #1

Well, spent a bit of time today pcking the options on the next Showauler. Still have to decide on a truck chassis (Volvo VNL or KW T2000, stand up sleeper is a must) and still have to sell the current Showhauler. Anyone want a 2001 FL120 based 29 footer? Only 35k miles on it!

I gotta say though I'm really looking forward to the new one once it happens, an extra foot of room lengthwise, some more height and a slightly different floorplan that will work better for our needs.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing

WERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 07:56 PM   #2

got any specs-pix or asking....geof in Cincinnati

geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 08:31 AM   #3

Lessee here I'll post what I have from memory, had to get some work done on my trailer so the whole rig with the original build sheet is in Alabama and I'm not...

2001 FL120 (or is it a 112?), 35k miles, business class interior, SH leather seats, 430hp Cat, Eaton 10spd auto-shift, heated power mirrors, XM/AM/FM/CD with XM antenna, Cobra 29ltd lighted CB with Wilson antenna in custom (okay, homemade but it looks trick, black painted aluminum diamond plate) mount next to radio in header, 29' conversion, leather sleeper sofa in 8' slide, cloth dinette, bunk over cab, back-up camera, satellite prep, surround sound, oven, 200 gallons fresh water, shower skylight, bedroom is set up with full closet (mirrored doors) across the back wall so the head of the bed is on the passenger side wall, padded vinyl ceiling, DVD player, satellite receiver (no roof dish but I did run a coax line to one of the compartments for ease of use with a portable dish), stove with oven... I'm sure there is more but all of the normal SH stuff applies too like solid oak cabinetry, TV's front and rear etc... Only downside is no pictures right now due to the aforementioned location of the rig. If anyone is really interested I can get some taken and emailed to me. And if you're interested Geof I'll even deliver to Cincinnati (the rig spends some time in Milford when I stop in to see my sister). For that matter I can deliver within about 8 hours of Atlanta no problem depending on my work schedule.

Basically it's a fantastic truck with low mileage but I've worked out a sponsorship deal that will allow us to upgrade somewhat so if we sell this we're going for it. The price is $120,000 - however as rude as it seems there is no negotiation, that is what I want to sell the truck for and rather than up the price and work back down and haggling (something I don't like to do) I figure I'll just put a price on it, if no one likes the price then I still have a kick-butt truck to go to the races in

Sorry if this offends by not being the classifieds, I was waiting til I could get pix before actually posting an ad. I was oging to use this thread more to brag about the new one and follow Patricks lead in posting info as the new one gets built, I really like being able to watch the progress of his rig.

Sean P. Clarke
Old 08-09-2003, 08:46 AM   #4

While I'm on a roll - the floorplan is the exact on in the upper right hand drawing on this sheet.

Sean P. Clarke
Old 08-09-2003, 10:14 AM   #5

Congrats on the decision! If you ~really ~ want to move your current SH fast, get with Angie at www.hickoryinclosed.com and she'll move it in a hurry. She drag races (sees a ton of buyers on a regular basis) and is a SH dealer. If you use a chassis similar to mine you'll have less dough in the new one than the old.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 10:25 PM   #6

So.... Sean I'm in Mariemont about 5 min away form Milford...If you have a chance-see if you can send along some pix-If your coming to your sisters with your truck I'd like to see it.....I will be in "A" town sometime this fall-moving a friend-or maybe I'll get a break after Sept. 8 then the girl what works for me goes back to HVAC School and I don't have anything pressing to do during the week...Let me know what your plans are....You can always call and leave message 1.888.513.5293 24/7/365 VM WCB ASAP...geof-in Cincinnati
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:55 AM   #7

I'll definitely be in touch if I head up that way, no current plans since all of the races I'll be at for the rest of the season are down south. You can get in touch with me at 770-720-5010 if you head down this way. I'll get some pix up on my site as soon as I get a chance.

Sean P. Clarke