Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-18-2005, 10:26 PM   #1

Try GO Air Horns from the links....the owner is building me a special pair for my Volvo....I don't want something mellow -I want to cause physical pain and mental anguish or at least bowls that turn to water when I use them....More later next week or so....geofkaye

Old 09-03-2005, 02:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally posted by KAYE RIVERCITY:
Try GO Air Horns from the links....the owner is building me a special pair for my Volvo....I don't want something mellow -I want to cause physical pain and mental anguish or at least bowls that turn to water when I use them....More later next week or so....geofkaye
Have you ever gone to military auctions?

Maybe you can get one of those X ray guns the military has invented that shoots x rays at the person. Causes them to start heating up inside and makes them want to run away from you.

Mount that on your roof, along with your horns and your set for some cheap fun.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 05:02 PM   #3

Man, ya gotta love that sort of thinking!
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:10 PM   #4

......ah.... they are not x-ray but microwaves that are ducted[similar to Destroyer radar at 6million watts] and can only be used for crowd control as the waves dispurse too soon.....Noise is good if it is directed at crowds......But I believe in the old tried and true methods....."kill them all and let GOD sort them out...." JMHO others might differ-your mileage might vary etc etc etc......then there is the rail gun but it is only for heavely armored vehicles or fortifications....but very effective.....and coming down in price and portability so everyone can own one soon......the GE mini gun is good as well as the GAU-8 but isn't surplus in great numbers yet......geofkaye
Old 09-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #5

With creative minds like those here, the possibilities are endless.......
Old 09-09-2005, 12:51 AM   #6

.....new Go Air Horns arrived today....can't wait till Monday to hook up...I still need the electric valve....BUT they are susposed to sound...so no body will Mistake it for a truck...really raspy NOT mellow at all.....I want to have them grate on the nerve endings of everyone close by....geofkaye
Old 09-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #7

sounds appropriate.
5erFool (John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:37 PM   #8

.....I have experimented with ambulance air horns[Stutterhorn] and they were too mellow to be noticed....My GO AIR HORNS are raspy and 160db.....work rather well in traffic and can be heard above a sound system in a car with the windows closed......more effective than my ambulance electronic air horns on my VW TDI 140db or the electronic fire truck air horns 140db on the wrecker or Dodge P/U....they are kinda "too deep" sounding-like a boat fog horn....Richard Gomez really did an excellent job with the sound...he owns GO AIR Horns with his father in California and is on the links page of this site....if you are into different sounding custom air horns he can come up with the sound you need!.....geofkaye
Old 02-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #9

In case anyone is interested, I mounted a set of triple train air horns on my pickup. I keep a compressor mounted in it for air tools etc and so didn't need a compressor or a storage tank. I don't know how loud the Go Horns are, the ones I have are rated at 150db. The sound they produce is undistingushable from that of a runaway diesel freight train and when I mash the big button people start looking for the crossing guard and pray they aren't on the tracks. Oh yeah they are COMPLETELY illegal; as me if I care. Cost around $300
Chevy57PkUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:13 PM   #10

I have a company close to where I live called Airchime. They build some wicked horns for trains, loggers etc-check it out. Once I have finished with Freightliner I will be installing an aftermarket set on my Century.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #11

Airchine are the ones I have, the triple ones. A couple blasts and the miscreant drivers are like this ->
Old 02-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #12

WOW- A road terrorist after my own heart......
YESSSSS; some things ARE right in this world!
Gary
Old 02-22-2006, 07:23 PM   #13

I think of them as self defense that is certainly well within the scope of the definition of measured and reasonable force. It some dumb shi!~ tries to intimidate me by aiming his vehicle toward me then I send a little blast of air aimed in his direction it is in my view more then a reasonable and justtified response. I mean there are people who would aim their vehicle back at him or open fire. What's a little blast of air between civilized people?
Old 02-23-2006, 09:52 PM   #14

Great minds DO think alike!
Welcome to the fold, Brother......
Gary
Old 02-23-2006, 11:57 PM   #15

....the real question becomes how many db?......takes at least 150-160 to get their attention-without nose bleeding or brain hemmoraging......I think [??] I read that in NewEngland Journel of Medicine some years ago.....but I was working at Christ Hospital at the time so I really don't know what I was doing from day to day.......geofkaye
Old 02-24-2006, 08:16 AM   #16

150db is how they are rated. I don't know how they rate or test them at the factory, however; I have a fried who is employed by the county and he works in enviromental monitoring. One time I asked if he could measure the sound level and he had me drive over to where they were doing clandestine observations with a serious sound meter and give some blasts. When they looked at the chart or whatever it shows up on, the sound they were monitoring which was a moto cross race track was pretty loud and right where I blasted the horns there was a spike that completely drowned out the moto cross racers. Measure in at 160db. As he explained it to me that level for sustained periods of time is a bad thing. I've tried it on guys in cars with boom boxes that make their fenders rattle and you feel the sound in your guts a block away, they can hear my horns.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:53 PM   #17

.....I like to see their car roof get dents in it when I give them a polite blast.....geofkaye
Old 02-26-2006, 09:50 AM   #18

Usually it dents out as their head hits it as they jump in their seat trying to get out of the way of the train they didn't see coming. ROFL Who said anything about a polite blast? If they've done something that warrrants a blast it's because they've done something that rules out polite. Whether and error of comission or omission, if it's threatened me or my vehicle the gloves are off. If they have just done something stupid without real potential for harm, like sitting through a green light I usually count to 10 and maybe give em a short toot on the regular horn. The head splitters are reserved for more severe infractions.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #19

Music to my ears......
By all means, carry on......
Gary
Old 02-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #20

....you guys are too nice....I give a polite toot which lasts about 2 seconds....if that doesn't work....have you looked at Kel-Tec's new PLR-16?.....$450 at the gun shows right now!....everyone neeeeeds of these in their tractor.....geof