Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-31-2021, 07:36 AM   #81

Everything is done by me, I have never hired anyone in my life and probably won't. Build my own pole barn, then build my own house, greenhouse and list will go on.
Yes that does mean another build in the future, this time with a 5 ton or 2.5 ton military truck. Hopefully I can find one like I drove over in Iraq on one of my tours, good ol'e M813 with 855 Cummins, I could take my N14 Cummins and toss it in there.
I like watching the diesel drag pulls.

Weldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 05:51 PM   #82

a)
re:
commercial license

Does NOT apply to RecreationVehicle operators or RecreationVehicles.

We delivered RecreationVehicles manufacturer-to-dealer and dealer-to-shows.
We operated BillionBuxBus conversions weighing close to twenty-five ton, and about sixty-nine feet long toting our Dodge.
We crossed fUSA state-lines and into Canada and across their providential-lines.
No need for anything other than the base license.
b)
For an extensive list of some of the vehicles I registered as RecreationVehicles, visit the thread about converting a 1991 International COE here on TruckConversion titled:
* 1991 International 9700 COE / RV
My response is Message Ten.

Synopsis:
* as long as the essentials are installed, it is a RecreationVehicle.

And after that, nobody can say different, because...
* "Who can argue with the bureaucrats [shrugs in futility]?".
c)
As we developed our RequirementsStatement, one point was clear.
The less time we waste with bureaucrats, the more time to be productive... or our favorite, do nothing at all.

Accordingly, we come to registration with multiple folders of documents, photographs, purchase receipts, and an overwhelming amount of paperwork.
Some of it may be applicable to the vehicle du-jour, but the bureaucracy does not need to know that.

Occasionally, I forego my usual regime of showers for the week preceding my visit, but only you can decide on such extreme measures.

Our intent is to have all the time in the world to block an enormous block of their time... prohibiting them from the opportunity to suction the hard-earned from anybody in line behind me.
Feel free to use the LargeMarge System©.
Let us know your results!

LargeMarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:02 AM   #83

Thinking of selling this rig if anybody is interested....

I love the set up and driving this is an absolute blast. No CDL needed.
Ttnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 03:10 AM   #84

Do you have any interior pics? I am just getting started and need interior ideas
450rguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 06:45 AM   #85

Let me save you a year of your time and just sell you this rig?

I did not put any insulation in as I only used this rig in the summer months. I cut planks off of pallets I got for free and sanded them for the walls, simply mailing the planks to the the walls using an air nailer. I put two lifts for the bedrooms in using cargo bars that locked in. On top of the cargo bars i put plywood. One loft sits in the nose above the living room and the other sits mid trailer above the kitchen.
For the kitchen I did lay some lenolium flooring to break up the wood floor. Behind the kitchen I put a bathroom that I framed out and used old rusted looking barn siding. Behind the bathroom is an open area for a garage, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
1640CA47-1173-40BA-88DC-6968C19839EC.jpg   4DDE8B28-97CC-4173-8C66-941A29FE93E1.jpg   6AAECE06-3BE9-4584-993F-7D8BAE78CC38.jpg   44FF4478-B819-4F65-8111-D15C48A294E2.jpg  
Old 07-19-2021, 04:31 PM   #86

Seriously.......can someone make me an offer that is reasonable? This was a great project that was fun but I want to tackle a few other challenges in life and want to move on.
This will save you thousands and years
Old 08-11-2021, 04:47 PM   #87

Updated price
$52K

Truck alone is worth that.
Really looking to move onto other projects
Old 08-23-2021, 07:25 AM   #88

New price $45K

Seriously, truck alone is worth that
Old 08-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #89

Updated pics of truck
Attached Thumbnails
7FF35AC3-78DA-4D44-A580-DE240CD4EBDE.jpg   89BDCC4A-BD19-4E33-A574-684C96AAA6C7.jpg   333D72D3-BCBA-496C-B1B4-3D1A5850EFCD.jpg  
Old 11-29-2023, 11:26 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java230 View Post
The CDL laws vary so much state to state it seems. I have Zero clue.

But I will say that floor in your trailer is gorgeous!!
Hi Folks. I have been a trucker for 43 years. Let me help straighten out a few things.
The CDL laws do not vary from state to state. Each state has to comply with the FMCSA regulations as set out by the Federal Government. Campers and Motor homes do not come under FMCSA rules and regulations. I am sure there are some state laws pertaining to the road usage of campers and motorhomes. There are length laws and weight laws that each state has that pertain to local regulations. You don't have to have a CDL to operate a camper or travel trailer period. Your home state may require a different type of licensing but it will not be a CDL which is a commercial drivers license.

Nightwind is offline   Reply With Quote