Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #1

Ok... Im looking to get a truck in a few months and convert it to a toter. Im wanting a 16' liveing quarters with rear entery door onto the bed. I will be pulling a inclosed gooseneck or a 3-4 car wedge and in the future a 30-35' power boat. I would like everyones input on the best truck for these needs. Im leaning to an FL60 or FL70. Thanks for your advice

Severed TIES toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #2

Hi there,

After researching what type of truck to replace my Freightliner in the class 7...and it was an excellent truck.....I would seriously consider a class 8 truck.....heavier....and many many of them around .....you could build a conversion.....the FL series, and esp mine the cab was noisy esp in the wind....had to almost yell at the person on the right....BUT a great truck sold it with 300,000 miles....check out the site workingtruckworld.com there are a few toters there as well as racingjunk.com.....again I would go class 8. I am building a class 8 toter....found a double bunk freight shaker 2006, and will remodel interior and build toter hitch, deck and such.....another site that has some good info.....google red rover volvo....

Anyways good luck to you!!!!
Holy Cow!.... a loving younger wife that keeps me going, a 6 yo little lady that is a princess/tom girl, a 14 yo that thinks he can sled better than a 30 year veteran sledder, and a 19 year old that is a soldier...
wedooit is offline   Reply With Quote