Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-06-2005, 11:04 PM   #1

Right now I have 19.5" X 6" wheels and the largest tires that I can put on them is 8R-19.5" or I can use the smaller 225/70R-19.5". My rims are 6 lug stud piloted. I want to go to a larger tire and need a different width rim. I understand that Freightliner and International used to use these rims.

However all I can find in 6 lug stud piloted 19.5" rims is 6" wide and that is to narrow for the larger tires that I want.

I am looking for a manufacture that will be able to supply me with either 19.5" rims that will take 305/70R-19.5 Glr (duals) on stud piloted mounts.

Or I would like to have a set of rims that are 22.5" so that I can mount 255/70R-22.5" tires. These will also need to be 6 lug stud piloted wheels.

I would prefer for these to be steel wheels, but if I have to, I will look at Aluminum.

"Doc"

Photog101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:18 AM   #2

.....Look for "Rim and Wheel " in your local phone book for a store near you.....check also with a truck tire shop...not a car service shop for rim info....what part of the country are you In anyway?......19.5's[$50-75] aren't cheap 22.5 [$25.00]are much cheaper because of just numbers on the road...Stockton in Kali can make all the rims you want but they are expensive...I'd nose around an alignment shop for trucks near you and look in their back lot for a few rims....LMK and I'll call John's Monday for you and see what I can find out....I have a truck there now for another powersteering box replacement....geofkaye

Old 08-07-2005, 12:36 AM   #3

I am here in Garden City, Michigan. I have looked at one truck used parts yard, but they have not had any since I started looking in February.

That's why I am glad that I found this forum. Maybe I am zero'ing in on my needs.

"Doc"
Photog101 is offline   Reply With Quote