Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #1

Hows your back doing on those long trips with the M2 Showhauler?.....any different than your other Showhauler?....geofkaye

Old 01-13-2006, 05:23 PM   #2

Actually, the M2 rides almost as good as the FLD did and the FLD had the air ride up front. The last seats I put in the FLD where much better than the seats I have in the M2 right now. The M2 is much more stable with the 14,600 lb front axle.

As long as I am riding my mountain bike the back is all good no matter what I am driving.

Old 01-13-2006, 09:59 PM   #3

....Your really lucky.....the docs are talking fusion in my neck and back....might be as long as 2 years getting over it.....and I'm chicken as hell.....glad everything is working out -back wise....geofkaye
Old 01-14-2006, 06:50 AM   #4

Since my problem came at a early age, the doc's opted for partial disk removal. But that meant a longer recovery (3 months) and I have to make sure I always exercise. With this procedure I have complete mobility. My back will let me know when I am slacking and I need to kick it in gear.

My father had disk fusion and his recovery was much faster than mine. (6 weeks)

Make sure you go to a highly recommended back surgeon, and go for it. If your in pain like I was the surgery was the best thing ever!
Old 01-14-2006, 09:19 PM   #5

My MOM was a physician and she always said two things: "Never go to a Doc you don't know personally and don't let them cut on your back or brain unless there is NO other options".....Pain I can deal with-have a very high tolorance- as I grew up involved in a lot of rough and tumble situations-including getting shot when I was 17.....'course that was then and this is now- but I'll just have to go at it a little slower as I get older.....and the women have to be skinner-and not so inthused as they used to be.....I just like to exchange info with others that have back pain/issues to see how they are doing as I know what works-WORKS! and what doesn't work-try something else.....keep safe....geofkaye