Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #1

I thought that this may help anybody out there with a PUREBREED Volvo.I am not sure what this Model is exactly, But 42,000 real trucks are quite a few.

RECALL WARNING: 42,000 VOLVO MODELS VN & VHD WITH THE VOLVO D12D MOTOR. MANUFACTURED FROM 11/02 TO 1/06. EGR COOLER INLET PIPES CRACK AND/OR BREAK EXPOSING THE AIR CLEANER & INNER FENDER TO HOT EXHAUST GASES.TWO TRUCKS CONFIRMEND BURNED TOTALLY CONTACT YOUR VOLVO DEALER!!!!

Old 03-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #2

There is no actual "Purebreed" Volvo model; however it probably means any VNM, VNL, or VHD Volvo truck with a Volvo engine, in this case, the D12D.

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #3

I am sorry Kaye,I used the word PUREBREED as in all "VOLVO" meaning not a other mfg's motor. Maybe I should have just said Pedigree?or all Volvo. Or maybe I should have emailed the Notice to you and you could have posted it.Oh if I did that all the words would be mispelled Kaye. OH SH*T Guess I should have looked at who wrote the post before I replied.I am going to have to tell Kaye I am sorry. Now could this have been one of the three in the same from the left coast?
Old 03-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #4

OK Marc...... slap me silly then. You deserve this week's "GOTCHA Award".
Everyone else, as you were!
Gary
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:59 PM   #5

....OUCH!-that will leave a mark!....now, I know that you've never said "your sorry" and meant it-so I skip over that one.....and I think it is "Purebred"IIRC....Ok, so I'll let that slip go too....and I don't have a VOLVO in that classification- mine is a '98-so I'll kick over that one too.....and Even If you e-mailed that notice to me personal-like....I couldn't have reposted that because I'm computer illliterate also.....and as you must have guessed that I can't make the spell check gizmo work most of the time on it's own and it will not do any of hte clean up work necessary to post a finished product/post.....Ok I forgive that mistake too.......But even thinking I'm from the Left Coast?.....the'ms fighting words!.....I'm republican-zip code 45227-area code 513-white-male and single currently at 61 years old....I wouldn't fit in on the left coast-I 'd be a minority.......andyour not forgiven for that cheap shot!....geofkaye-[and that I take personal!]
Old 03-11-2006, 10:03 PM   #6

.....and if you are thinking I'm pullin' your leg....call 1-888-513-KAYE and I will respond to anywhere in the world to you persomnally like.....[there Spell check goes again]....who made the spell check thing anyway there is got to ba a better way of typin stuff....geofkeya