You can directly upload images to a post or embed images that are hosted elsewhere.
To upload an image from your computer:
About attachment storage limits
- Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
- Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
- Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
- Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 1600 x 1600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
- Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
- Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.
Registered members are have unlimited storage space for images posted to threads and posts. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads however in consideration of those with slower internet connections.
How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.
You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.
To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):
The image will appear where the url was in your text.
We have an automated way to do all this - click on go advanced and then select the image icon from the tool bar in the reply editor. A box will pop up asking for the url of the image you want to embed. Fill out the box and post your reply.