Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 04-02-2003, 06:02 PM   #1

Been alot of mud here in the north east.My truck seems to get stuck on the level is this the norm? Tires are like new , But they do have a highway tread design.

KZX11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:05 PM   #2

KZX11

I used to get stuck going up the hill into my driveway. My drive way is crushed lime rock and I couldn't make it up bob tailed.

I replaced the road tread with the most aggressive tread pattern that Toyo had. Looks very much like Joe has on his truck.

I also took off one of the axels. After both mods I could go up my drive way when it was snow packed.

However, I am not sure that there isn't a bit more rut sensitivity with these tires. Don't know for sure as I made two changes simultaneously.

Chuck

chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:38 PM   #3

Highway radials on the drives are very bad on slick surfaces with no load on the rear axle. They will hydroplane in the rain if you have to brake semi-hard, and tend to "hop" on wet streets when you let the clutch out starting off on even slight upgrades.

Change to a medium lug type tread on the rears. Lugs make a real big difference. Of course lugs fill up with mud so they don't help as much in that situation. Then you need weight on the rear.

onezman
onezman is offline   Reply With Quote