Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #1

Larry, is the roof on a volvo 610 strong enough, in your opinion, to hold up your typical RV air conditioner?

I have no idea what reinforcing there is up there, and cant find any photos on the internet. I have an extra Roof AC unit, and am contemplating putting it up top.

Also, thanks for all your help by providing your knowledge to us who have made the conversion on our own.

DRS

sentnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #2

....Larry might be dead or at least in prison.... [hopefully-the second rather the first...but then again-I really don't care anyway-whatever....] IN MY OPINION-HAVING LOOKED AT THE OPTION OF AN OVERHEAD AC/HEAT UNITE WHILE, I THINK THE RV UNITE WOULD FIT AND WORK.....IT WON'T LAST LONG BECAUSE OF THE VIBRATIONS AND WEIGHT ON THE SME PLASTIC...YOU RESULTS MIGHT BE DIFFERENT.... I WENT WITH THE SCS FRIGGETTE UNITE UNDER THE BUNK......IT WAS ABOUT $1000 delivered....better made than RV STUFF....MADE FOR THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY...NOT LIKE THE CHEAP STUFF THAT THE RV INDUSTRY ATTEMPTS TO FOIST OFF ON THE CONSUMER.....geofkaye and the RIVERCITY GIRLZ
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote