Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-05-2006, 01:29 PM   #1

Here is what your seeing in the photo.

On the diamond plate to the far right, the first switch operates the macerator pump system. I have used the system for 3 years now and it beats using the 3" sloppy hose. The system I use has a 1" hose that expands from 7' to 21'. It has a shutoff valve on the end of the hose. So you never have a dripping hose nor are you ever in contact with sewer waste It has a greay water bypass so you do not have to run the pump if you have a sewer hookup. Also if you are in a pinch you can use the grey water to flush the black tank. Love the system and takes up next to no space.

Next 2 switches operate the grey & black water valves. My slide is above this bay so the bin door does not open completely. Instead of bending over to pull valve handles I can reach in while standing to the side and operate the valves.

The silver valve is a black water tank rinse.

The display next to that gives digital percentage readout of fresh, black & grey water tank levels, along with battery voltage. I always wondered why manufacturers did not include a display out in the bay where you control what is going on. I always hated either yelling into someone to tell me how full the fresh tank was or if I need to dump the grey or black tank.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #2

.....I noticed the alcohol based hand sanitizer on the right!.....great idea for bacteria!.....but worthless with viruses.......be sure to use gloves-blue nitratral if possible and discard asap......then wash your hands with the sanitizer and finish with hot water and soap for 30 seconds......I hate hearing about people getting travelers diarreha/and worse Heptatitas and having a lousey weeks' vacation-I had travelers myself on a Spring break in Fla in about '80 as I remember....nearly killed me-or so I felt- and nothing helped except lomotil .25's by the hand full and percocet for pain.....6 days of misery in a motel.....enough to make one give up vacations......health on the raod is getting a bigger and bigger concern to travelers and the Insurance companies.....after all, out of service area is 50% co-pay- in a hospital that could be a real vacation ender or the cost of an INcinolet.....Me, I spent the money on INcinolet and don't have to even get near anyone's eleses black water waste.....geofkaye

Old 02-06-2006, 05:01 AM   #3

Hey geof -

I think you missed the point of my system. I don't touch anyones waste. My system is closed loop, no waste hose to remove no dripping sewage.

I have the dispenser there to clean up a little dirt or grass from handling the out side of the hose.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:07 AM   #4

Nice set up. Have you had any problems with the macerator chewing up the TP?
Camping Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:07 AM   #5

Never had a issue with toilet paper. But when I first put the system on 3 years ago, I had it clog on some baby wipes that had plastic in them and a rubber hair band that was thrown in the toilet.

After I had a little chat with the family on this, I have not had issues.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #6

bill, i found out that offering to let the offending party repair the "mess" is a wonderful inspiration.---- mase

vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote