Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 09-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #1

I'm going to the hdt rally and it looks like there are some toll roads around there. My neighbors brought their pass with in our rv on a trip to Ohio last fall and it sure was handy. I don't know what kind they had but we drove right through. Does one pass work any of the toll roads across the country? How would I figure out which one works around Kansas? I've got a sister-in-law outside Cleveland so it's more likely I'd be traveling that way if that makes any difference. Just started looking into this so thought I'd post here first and then start googling. Thanks.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #2

Bob, I have the IPASS and works for me. There is another on but forgot what they call it. I think if you go to the IPass web site it will show you where it is accepted and I think it also shows the other one I cannot think of what it called.
I would not travel without it...no stopping to pay tolls..........

Old 09-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #3

btw Bob I use the same IPASS for my other cars too. Just move from one to the other after adding all information to the IPASS system.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #4

Thanks Ed! That's the one I was thinking too. I just ordered one on their web site. Only thing now is they say 14 days. Darn. Leaving for the HDT rally sooner than that. I hope they hurry and I get it before leaving. It looks like according to the IPass site it works on any EZPass systems too. So that should be good. They also say it doesn't matter if I'm pulling a trailer or not because it automatically factors that in when you go through.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #5

Bob you can buy an IPASS at some stores or truck stop along the way before hitting a toll. Do they not have a listing of places to buy an IPASS?
Old 10-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #6

I bought our EZPASS at a AAA store, perhaps that's the case in your area with the IPASS?
Old 10-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #7

Well, I've got the Ipass ordered so I'm going with that. My neighbor said I can borrow his Izoom if mine doesn't get here before we leave for the hdt rally. I did find out his Izoom charges him $1/month just to keep it working. That would not be good for me since I live in MN and there are no toll roads here so I wouldn't use it enough. I guess they say the Ipass charges .03 per toll for their fees but I couldn't find that info on the Ipass site. The Izoom site claims that. I guess I'd certainly rather pay the .o3 than a monthly fee. And the .03 is worth it to not have to stop for the booth. I don't mind stopping in my Vette because half the fun is stomping on it getting out of there. Not in the truck tho.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #8

Got the ipass today. Great timing since we're leaving tomorrow for the rally.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #9

I I-Pass doesn't work in Kansas. Gotta have their K-pass, or stop and pay. I've been using the I Pass and like it though. Just thought I'd update this.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #10

I just bought ez pass for both my trucks this spring. I could have moved one unit in both trucks, but knowing my memory that is one less thing to check off before leaving the shop if I have a unit already in each truck. And they do bill the proper toll for your weight and/or trailer. I made sure that was crystal clear before ordering as sometimes I am towing and sometimes not. Used it for several trips in OH and PA so far and I am very pleased. The express lanes are great, just roll through at 55 and not have to deal with idiots in cars trying to drive under my wheels merging after the booths. The PA tolls seem to work better than the OH system, the gate always goes up well in advance on the PA booths, but in OH I usually have to damn near stop before the gate goes up. Overall very happy, and of course the tolls are a little cheaper using it.

hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote