Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #1

Default What's with Class A only Resorts?

Being relatively new to the RV lifestyle, I am discovering that many of the upscale RV resorts will not allow anything other than Class A's in. What's this discrimination all about?

specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #2

i dont know any of them around here. but will be happy not to spend any money with them when i start traveling.

volvoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #3

And some have a age limit on how old it can be. I don't worry about it. I've not run into one yet but I'm fine with being turned away from one in my truck conversion. I'll have plenty of power to pull away.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #4

they do have one about a mile from where i live that won't let you stay all summer if your camper is older than 10 years old. you can stay up to 7 days i think and have to pull out for 30 days. i won't stay there in my class a motor home. figure if my money is good enough for 7 days it should be good enough all year.
volvoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #5

There are a bunch here in the Mesa/Phoenix are that restrict the age of the rig. They claim it is to keep out the trash
AZLugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #6

They reserve the right to do business with anyone they want to and so do you. Some folks only want to go into RV resort with fancy rigs and snooty neighbors and some folks don't care. Luckily there are parks for both kind of people.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #7

Who would want to stay at a place like that, NOT ME........
Old 02-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #8

They are uppity and don't deserve my time or money. When they need a haul guess who they call?
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #9

Default Class A only

Quote:
Originally Posted by specmga1 View Post
Being relatively new to the RV lifestyle, I am discovering that many of the upscale RV resorts will not allow anything other than Class A's in. What's this discrimination all about?
Try calling ahead - After I send a picture I was welcomed by some and refused by others. It seems that our rigs are beyond description of class a,b c. No=one has settled on what we are.
chs65sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #10

That's OK......who needs them?
Old 03-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #11

The class A only resorts are discriminating against us but then who cares-not me. Spent the last 3 months in Arizona and had a few people coming through the coach daily 'cause they never seen them before. Most left with a new appreciation of Super C rigs. Just doin' my part-lol.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #12

is a class8 cov really the way to go
road dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #13

Default Is the class 8 the way to go?

Three words Yes, No or maybe. Many things to think about like what are your plans to use it. Family camping and staying in campgrounds or pulling a large heavy trailer to races are two very different uses. Many say that a class 8 is much safer and I would agree, that said I drive a Scion XB and I don't worry about my safety. If you think big truck are cool than you may lean toward the class 8. If you think riding and driving like a truck are not good things you might be better off in a class A. The more you learn the better decision you can make. When you ask someone what color is better red or blue you may get answers with good reasons either way (I will always say blue). Before anyone spends the $$$$ needed for a class A or class 8 conversion they should ask a lot of questions from a lot of people.
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #14

Road dog-having never driven a class A motorhome the things I add to the post is that my TC doesn't blow all over the road in the crosswinds, to get 15 liters of power, it didn't cost me 800,000 plus dollars and it is a lot cooler looking than the cookie cutter A's.
Good recommendation by Ken to ask LOTS of questions
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:46 AM   #15

[I am new to RVing as well had no idea , I plan on boondocking and staying on my own not really a people person yet .
2totravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:27 AM   #16
cjc

How about this? LIE. If it's an 05, tell them it's a 15. They don't know the difference. Tell them it's a Class A. Most people don't know what to classify a truck conversion. If you show up with a nice looking rig they aren't going to turn you away. If it looks like a piece of crap, well, bye, bye.
cjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:13 AM   #17

I booked a beautiful mountain resort in NC this fall. Neglected to read the fine print, and discovered it a few days later that they were a Class A only resort. They actually had a specific prohibition against "truck like profiles." When I called to cancel, the guy was pretty understanding and asked about my rig. He asked if my rig was painted or all white. When I told him all white, he said he couldn't sneak me in.
petrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:48 PM   #18

Naples Motorcoach Restort does not allow anything in their resort if he has a hood, she said...

And same for Pelican Bay Resort in Naples as well..both are over 100.00 per nite.

If you have a Prevost, they do not ask what year it is....

grinder is offline   Reply With Quote