Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 04-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #1

Amazing is the only way to describe my T/C experience, i considered A couple of D pusher Toy Haulers, before deciding on my Pony Express, very happy with my choice. The truck performed great, passed about 3 T/C's on the interstates, shared air horn blasts at 65mph, cruise control, glided like a caddy. No real problems, minor stuff i handled on the road, i am keeping an eye on my engine oil, used up about 4-5 Qts over about 2000 miles, engine has 6000 miles on it, hoping the rings have not fully seated, i alerted Silver Crown of my oil consumption, they dont seem concerned. Cant wait for some organized T/C rallies, lets do it, it would be nice to see this club grow, My rig is now at my seasonal site 2.5 hrs from my home, we just got home and i am already missing the road and my rig, o well the weekends come quick, Thanks for all the help along the way, G

Old 04-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #2

...SYNTHETIC OIL?? ANYWAY KEEP A WRITTEN RECORD WITH RECEIPTS....JUST IN CASE THERE IS A WARRANTY ISSUE....NOW THE ONLY WAY I KNOW TO GET THAT SMILE OFF OF YOUR FACE....WELL THERE ARE 2 WAYS ACTUALLY...ONE IS GETTING A NOTICE FROM THE IRS ABOUT AN AUDIT AND THE OTHER IS SMASHING YOUR FINGER WITH A 2 POUND HAMMER-OTHER THAN THAT, IT IS HOPELESS....TRULY RESTED AFTER YOUR VACATION -ARE YOU NOT?....I GET HOME AND DON'T NEED TO TAKE A DAY/2 OFF TO REST UP ANYMORE....I JUST GO BACK TO WORK WITH THAT DAM GRIN....GF THINKS I HAVE A REPLACEMENT GF.....[I KINDA DO-HER NAME IS VOLVO610 AND SHE IS GOOOOD TO ME-AT 65][mph that is!] geofkaye and the Rivercity Girlz...

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #3

15-30 per the manufactures paperwork, all is well, adjusting slowly to real life and the bullshit of business, G
Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #4

That's great, Gene. Hay, what about some pictures of how your car is strapped in? I don't remember if you put the straps around your tires or hooked them into the frame or frame tie down hooks somewhere? How about your mileage? I just got back from Omaha. 764 miles round trip. Went there for the weekend. I left St. Paul with full tanks. Stopped once on the way down to urinate. Stopped once on the way back about 50 miles south of St. Paul and filled the tanks. 77 gallons. I set the cruise about 67-68 mph the entire way. Rpm showing about 1450, hard to say for sure by my guage but about that it looks like. Ran the generator about half of the time. 9.8 mpg is what I got. I didn't get passed by any rv's or trailer pullers. I passed a whole bunch of them. That means I won, as far as I'm concerned. My four passengers loved the ride. I love the drive. None of my riders was a satisfactory driver to take the helm this time. Truck Conversions rule!