Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #1

Default Beach Boys Concert

The Beach Boys played on Sunday, July 1st at Milwaukee's Summerfest. Outstanding concert. NO cheap lead-in band; 100% Beach Boys! The concert started on time, they had a reasonable intermission (remember they are 70 years old), and had a good encore. We got more than our money's worth!

Anyone going to see the Beach Boys when they are in your area? I have a favor to ask.

You might remember that the BB recently released an album/CD of new material that Brian Wilson wrote for the BB entitled "That's Why God Make the Radio".

That's Why God Made the Radio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just before the intermission, Mike Love announced that the new CD debuted on the Billboard chart at #3 and if they sell 1,000 CD's per concert they expected to be at #1. So to encourage CD sales they were packaging 10 CD's for $100. One of the ten would be autographed by the original five Beach Boys playing in the concert ... Mike Love, Al Jardine, Brian Wilson, Bruce Johnston, and Dave Marks.

At intermission I went to the "little tent" (10'x20') selling concert stuff; tee-shirts, key chains, and CDs. They were swamped and had two people working the tent. So rather than miss the concert, I went back to listen and enjoy. At the end of the concert I quickly made my way back to the "little tent" and they were all out of CD's!

So ... if any of you are going when they are in your area ... be forewarned. Before the concert ask if they have the 10 CD pack for $100 with the autographs. If they do, buy one 10 pack for yourself and one 10 pack for me. Let me know you've done it and I'll send you $120 to cover the cost of the 10 pack and shipping.

Thanks! You'll really enjoy the concert. Extremely well put together.

Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #2

just read this - we saw them in houston/woodlands, spur of the moment we were given front row tickets by a friend...great concert.

Friend of mine works for Mike Love and has been touring w/ the band.
Not sure what i can do, but I'll ask.

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
just read this - we saw them in houston/woodlands, spur of the moment we were given front row tickets by a friend...great concert.

Friend of mine works for Mike Love and has been touring w/ the band.
Not sure what i can do, but I'll ask.
Thanks for the effort!
Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #4

yeah no promises...i know he's just back in the states for a week or two of vacation.
the tour just broke in Australia i believe, don't know where it picks up again but ill find out.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote