Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Camping, Rallies and Travel (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f117/)
-   -   Beach Boys Concert (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f117/beach-boys-concert-6246/)

#90-GTSC 07-04-2012 10:49 PM

Beach Boys Concert

The Beach Boys played on Sunday, July 1st at Milwaukee's Summerfest. Outstanding concert. NO cheap lead-in band; 100% Beach Boys! The concert started on time, they had a reasonable intermission (remember they are 70 years old), and had a good encore. We got more than our money's worth!

Anyone going to see the Beach Boys when they are in your area? I have a favor to ask.

You might remember that the BB recently released an album/CD of new material that Brian Wilson wrote for the BB entitled "That's Why God Make the Radio".

That's Why God Made the Radio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just before the intermission, Mike Love announced that the new CD debuted on the Billboard chart at #3 and if they sell 1,000 CD's per concert they expected to be at #1. So to encourage CD sales they were packaging 10 CD's for $100. One of the ten would be autographed by the original five Beach Boys playing in the concert ... Mike Love, Al Jardine, Brian Wilson, Bruce Johnston, and Dave Marks.

At intermission I went to the "little tent" (10'x20') selling concert stuff; tee-shirts, key chains, and CDs. They were swamped and had two people working the tent. So rather than miss the concert, I went back to listen and enjoy. At the end of the concert I quickly made my way back to the "little tent" and they were all out of CD's!

So ... if any of you are going when they are in your area ... be forewarned. Before the concert ask if they have the 10 CD pack for $100 with the autographs. If they do, buy one 10 pack for yourself and one 10 pack for me. Let me know you've done it and I'll send you $120 to cover the cost of the 10 pack and shipping.

Thanks! You'll really enjoy the concert. Extremely well put together.

bushpilot 09-11-2012 09:34 AM

just read this - we saw them in houston/woodlands, spur of the moment we were given front row tickets by a friend...great concert.

Friend of mine works for Mike Love and has been touring w/ the band.
Not sure what i can do, but I'll ask.

#90-GTSC 09-11-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushpilot (Post 39120)
just read this - we saw them in houston/woodlands, spur of the moment we were given front row tickets by a friend...great concert.

Friend of mine works for Mike Love and has been touring w/ the band.
Not sure what i can do, but I'll ask.

Thanks for the effort!

bushpilot 09-11-2012 08:38 PM

yeah no promises...i know he's just back in the states for a week or two of vacation.
the tour just broke in Australia i believe, don't know where it picks up again but ill find out.