Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to pepper701
Default Help-SOS need conversion and titling Info, Ca

I have to drive my box truck to BC Canada and I don't want to do the commercial thing. I am trying to find out what the guidelines are for registering it as a motor-home. As far as the DMV here in 29 Palms I need to take it to get it re-weighed and inspected, but I don't know what the requirements are to pass as a motor-home. It is 22' ft box double axle,reg brakes-No air brakes. I have a door I can put in. I have to do this quickly. Stove, bed, wall partition.
I want to use the back part as a work shop and bolt down my metal tables w/ cabinets to store tools. I need to know what they require to pass as a motor home, Toilet?? stove?? generator?? can any one tell me? I need to make it look and smell like a motor home until I can have my partner in Canada do the "Real" conversion. Any smoke and mirror advise??

pepper701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #2

in ohio you have to sign a paper stating the requirements. I would go to the DMV and ask for such a paper. that would at least tell you what they were requiring.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to pepper701

Hi Doc,
I am from Ohio(Toledo area) Much easier dealings there! Here in Cal. They have rules and regulations on top of rules/regulations and you will get 20 answers from twenty different departments or 20 different answers in the same department. We can't have enough Gov. jobs here and you have to fund it somehow!! You have to roll the dice and hope you get someone to stamp your paper work. I'm going down to the CHP in the morning because the DMV people don't know what to do and they said that is where to start.
pepper701 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ca.dmv rules, conversion guidlines, licensing, regulations