Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #1

Default 379 Pete

Hopefully a pic of my new rig. 379 ex-hood Pete with 500 Detroit and 13 speed. I have been looking for years and this one showed up on ebay close to me. Some interior changes and I'm ready. Ideas on where to buy a dinette?
Attached Thumbnails
P1010013.jpg  

dvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #2

Where are you from? The best places for that sort of thing are the rv surplus outlets in Elkhart, IN and White Pigeon, MI just across the line. There are about 5 places up there and I've been to 3 of them. There are great deals to be had, but you have to watch, not everything is necessarily cheap, you gotta know what you are buying.

Bontagers usually has a supply of dinettes/cuishons in stock:
Bontragers Surplus Inc.

Here is a list of RV surplus / salvage dealers nationwide:
RV Salvage

Great looking truck, I particularly like the way it kicks up in the back to match a full height trailer.

hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #3

Default 379 Pete

Central Iowa. I have been checking out ebay and RV surplus. Thanks much for the links. Also been checking out putting an overhead bunk on. Just not sure how far to take it. Looking forward to next summer.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #4

That's a very cool looking truck. I'm in MN. Hope I can see it in person. What are you going to pull with it? How about some inside pics?
Old 02-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #5

Default Pete

I pull a 48' Kentucky semi trailer that I use for tractor pulling. It has 12' of living quarters we built 10 years ago using components from a wrecked camper. Also haul a Polaris Ranger to tow the puller around. A couple inside shots( I Hope).
Attached Thumbnails
P1010020.jpg   P1010021.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #6

Default Pete

The area behind the drivers seat was used as a desk top for the previous owner and we are going to move the wall in the kitchen area back so a jacknife sofa will go there. The JK sofa is now sitting behind the passengers seat and I am planning on a booth/dinette to go there. It was setup for one person to drive and live in and I am more concerned with getting more riding/sleeping space. Trying to decide if I'm going to go ahead and do the overhead bunk. Not that its a huge expense, but would like to paint it white when I do that and that will add lots of $$$$$$.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #7

Very nice!

Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote