Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #1

http://www.rv.net/forum/index....a/pging/1/page/1.cfm

Just trying to get us some more exposure for our wonderful campers. I think that Dutch guy and JohnnyT don't like us. Maybe they've been passed by too many t/c's.

Used to be no catagory for us on racingjunk but now there is. We've gotta keep getting the word out somehow.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:59 AM   #2

send me a copy will you BOB? geofkaye...

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #3

Oh oh, it's gotten more ugly. You've got to check it again for the newest posts. I'm glad there are obviously some posts that respect the t/c and think we should be able to have our own section.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #4

It seems to be pretty petty on their part. Another forum section is only as hard as someone adding the title,permissions and hitting 'save'.

As for the comparison stating buses don't have their own sections, maybe that's an idea too..........
Den. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #5

Thanks Den, I didn't think it should be such a big deal.

Hay everybody, check the thread again. It's gotten even uglier (is that a word?). I think everybody from here should log in there and post asking for a t/c section.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #6

I can do that. think I'm still a member there.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #7

"Acampingwewillgo" doesn't sound like a very nice guy.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #8

Bob,
I have been reading the posts on the other forum to follow your progress. The impression I have:
1) They seem very uninformed
2) They do not wish to be educated
3) There is a combative attitude present

Why would you stay there. I'm convinced to absolutely not join. This forum has:
1) many experienced contributors
2) a vast majority of willing listeners
3) a non-combative attitude

For T/C owners, (my opinion) this forum has much more information.

Doc Weaver
Old 06-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #9

Posted Jun 12, 12:00 PM Hide Post
Is it just me or is that thread getting shorter??? At onne point it was five pages!! And I habe 3 email notifications but only se 2 repl;ies. Huh?

Unfortunately, it makes sense and is why I don't 'hang out' there anymore. I'm 'DenDanger' on that thread by the way.

I was once personally attacked by a member for being from Ontario!! the guy literally went into a multi paragragh rant based on that and I was the one 'moderated'!! because I dared reply to one of the 'established' members.

It's also when I lost interest in the place.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #10

Thanks Doc, I agree. I am totally surprised by the way it went. Incredible. JohnnyT is the moderator there. This is the private message he sent me early when I made a mistake and followed Dutch's advice to post it in the general rv section:

Your are not permitted to double post the same message in mutiple forums.

The reality is that there is a forum for large truck conversions .. It is the super C section of the class C forum...The reality is that most class C's are truck conversions... The Super C section is intended to cover the larger truck conversions...

JohnnyT Moderator

Not very well informed there for a moderator.

So then a bit later he sends me this message (see my response to it too):

I have moved your thread over to the Class C Forum in the Super C section... Your thread had a good airing in class A but the discussions do not seem to be productive any longer...

As I posted, the super C section of the class C forum is intended to include all of the larger trucks which would include road tractor conversions. That was the intention when I went to sub categories in class C.

I will continue to follow the thread since I moderate both the class A and Class C forum.

While I understand your interest in having a dedicated forum on RV.net I believe that issues related to chassis, and drive train are better served on other venues since we do not have many members with road tractors under their motorhomes.

I also understand that your motorhome has more similarity to a large DP. In terms of brakes, some portion of suspension and engine than a conventional class C or super C. The Chassis under a class A DP is designed for that purpose. In the case of class C a truck chassis is modified to accept a house on top of it. The super C category is intended to include the larger truck chassis.

I am sorry the outcome of your thread was not what you were hoping for.

You are free to post on either the class A or class C forums since there is overlap on the RV portion.

The best opportunity to get Road Tractor RV conversions considered as a sub category or forum is for there to be enough volume or members to warrant expanding to encompass road tractor conversions.

Bob, I well understand the differences between your truck chassis and those of the typical Super C our Industrial/Agricultural Machinery dealership owns and operates and services our 8 road tractors. Plus two tri axle dumps.

JohnnyT Moderator

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 06/06/10 09:24pm
Subject: RE: How about a Truck Conversion section?

That's fine moving it. Remember in the original post I wondered where it should go and asked for the moderator to put it there.

There clearly are several forum users that have t/c's and have said they would like a section. How many people does it take to get the section? Would a poll be appropriate? I don't know if this software has a poll capability.

Wow, more close mindedness and lack of knowledge.

Finally he sends me this private message (and see my response to it):

I have closed this thread since the discussion is not productive.

JohnnyT Moderator

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 06/12/10 09:48am
Subject: RE: How about a Truck Conversion section?

It's too bad some of the members chose to violate the forum rules and flame me. I actually am very surprised the direction the topic took. I just can't fathom why there was any objection to creating a section in the first place. It only seems logical to have a section since they are clearly a unique chassis and the forum users could certainly benefit from such a section. Thank you for the close. I'm sure you will notify those offenders of their violations.

What a disheartening forum there.

Doc, I was careful not to post www.truckconversion.net for fear that they would ban me saying I'm violating their rules. Now I don't really care if they ban me, other than I've never been banned from any forum and don't want to start I guess. I absolutely had no idea there would be any objection to creating a section there. I figured it would be common sense and they would gladly create one. Wow, was I wrong. I am now torn between continuing to post and cleverly spreading the gospel of t/c's? Or just leaving while "stumping" my feet and holding my breath.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #11

By his thinking I kept thinking "Isn't a Class A then just a truck chassis conversion?" or something to that effect....Heh.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #12

Class A RVs are lumped into group that includes bus conversions, custom chassis, and (like my mother's)frieghtliner chassis. All which are vastly different. when is the last time a Winnebago owner had to consider putting a home AC unit in a bus bay. That is the norm for many buses. I used to own entertainer conversions. i may be wrong, but I have never seen a 6V92 or a 871 Detroit in a regular class A.

C class is no different. How can a forum contributor with a camper van possibly discuss the problems of California's vehicle length laws?

The Bible calls them willfully ignorant and are best left to their own devices (please excuse if that sounds preachy) I don't have spare time and/or stress to help those who don't want help.

I have to admit. This forum has been well behaved and tolerant. Too many forums are just places for unidentifiable persons to feed their ego, when they are actually nobodies. For all who have helped me, I wish to officially thank you for your patience and knowledge.

Anytime I can help, you know where to find me.

Doc Weaver
Old 06-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #13

Well put, Doc.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #14

DOC IS A SMART FELLOW. AND ALL YOU KNOW IT NOW. ANYTHING ABOUT SOUND HE IS THE EXPERT.....LISTEN AND LEARN. HOWS THE BACK WORKING OUT DOC.....I GET THE NEEDLE MONDAY TO STOP THE PAIN AND WITH THE NEW KNEE I JUST MIGHT MAKE IT TO CHRISTMAS......IT WILL BE GOOD TO BE BACK TO WORK....GIRLZ MAKING ME CRAZY JUST HANGING OUT.....geofkaye and the RIverciity Girlz
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:18 AM   #15

GK, I can relate to being stuck at the house. Supposedly stress caused my stroke, but sitting at the house made me more stressed. Type A, work-o-holics don't "rest" well. I've got 7 churches wanting new sound/video/acoustic control installs by summer, but they can't get through their own committees. I'll be running my t/c between Texas, Louisiana, and Ohio this August.

Doc Weaver
Old 06-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #16

Got another pm from the moderator there, looks like he's mad that I started this thread to expose him:

Bob, It is very unusual for members of the class C forum to have to sort of reaction you have issues with. The posts I felt out of line were removed. I think the reaction was to a perceived chip on you shoulder for anyone that did not agree with you. Frankly you do come across as argumentative and belligerent...Which could well be the misunderstood passion for not understanding or agreeing with not creating a special section for road tractor RV conversions.

I know you are a member of http://truckhome.com which is a forum dedicated to your specific type of motorhome. You have also lauded IRV2 for having a dedicated section that meets your criteria. So

If there is ever going to be a section for Truck conversions that map to your exact configuration it will be in the forum of a sub category of the C forum. To that end antagonizing Class C Members, or contrasting RV.net with other forums does not work to your advantage.

You already participate in the www.truckconversion.net/ and you have indicated that IRV.net has a section you agree with ...So what is the antagonism to have RV.net create a section that agrees with your perception of what is appropriate?

Once I perceive a need I will advocate

I am not looking to creating a hobby dealing with this. However I am open to additions to the forum. If you are interested in my participation in creating a category that focuses on Road Tractor Conversion you are going about it the wrong way. In this instance the squeaking wheel does not get the oil.

Once I see the need I will create a segment. I am just not there.

JohnnyT Moderator
Class C
Class A
Dinghy Towing
Old 06-23-2010, 05:30 AM   #17

I just happen to notice that the moderator was so "open to additions to the forum", that he killed the thread completely. I'm not trying to restart old pain. I just thought it was funny.

Doc Weaver
Old 06-23-2010, 05:49 AM   #18

Well THAT'S mature!! It's forums with 'open mindedness' like that in the more general auto area that inspired me to start mine.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #19

Dont know what you all were reading....but I didnt see anything but a discussion about having a T/C section at the other forum. I, myself, frequent more than just one Forum and the "bashing" of RV.Net here and members of that Forum seems quite "Mature" also.
John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #20

John Boy, I don't know what YOU were reading, because the original link goes to "topic not found"..........or is it JohnnyT?