Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 12-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #1

This video is not meant to encourage suicide but to show euthanasia. We are all going to die someday and I would like to be euthanized rather than suffer from some horrible illness just to die later. I wish we had these types of clinics in the US.

Remember Doctor Jack Kervorkian? A Pathologist who assisted 130 in euthanasia during 1990-1998. After euthanizing a patient on "60 Minutes" tv show, he was charged with and found guilty of 2nd Degree and spent a 8 years in a Michingan prison, leaving in June 2007. He is my hero. I feel so sorry for him to have to spend 8 miserable years in prison when he could have been helping people by euthanizing the sick. For more info on Mr Kervorkian, go to the Wikipedia link below.

Here is what the Judge told Mr Kervorkian during the proceedings:

The judge sentenced Kevorkian to serve a 10-25 year prison sentence and told him: "You were on bond to another judge when you committed this offense, you were not licensed to practice medicine when you committed this offense and you hadn't been licensed for eight years. And you had the audacity to go on national television, show the world what you did and dare the legal system to stop you. Well, sir, consider yourself stopped." Kevorkian was sent to prison in Coldwater, Michigan.

Why can't Judges just keep their mouths shut and do the sentencing? Why must they always have some comment to make? Poor OJ, had to listen to that lady Judge when he was sentenced. That should have been punishment enough.

With my luck, I'd drink the solution, enter into a pre death state, vomit up a portion of the solution which would render the solution inadequate to euthanize me, then enter and remain in a vegetative state on life support for years, while the State of California, County and City lawyers argue in court, who, if anyone, is going to pull the plug on the life support machine, and finish off what I had intented to do in the beginning.

Short video showing a man going to the clinic to die.

Wikipedia link re Mr Kervorkian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kervorkian

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:02 AM   #2

....BravestDog:....do you have something on your mind you'd like to speak about in private?....888-513-5293 available in the afternoons but if you leave a message I will call back asap.....geofkaye

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:34 PM   #3

Hi Geof

How are you doing? I'm fine, more or less. Thankyou for your concern.

My health is ok. No major medical problems. Other than financial problems, everything is fine. Things could always be better or worse so I'm thankful I'm alive and have the ability to move around, eat, drink. I'm thankful I'm not in a wheelchair or have some horrible disease.

While surfing the web, I found the euthansia link by accident and it made me think of multiple deceased family members and my deceased dogs. The dogs I euthanized as they got old or sick, the family members I watched them die normal deaths, organ failure, old age.

That led me to think of Dr Jack Kervorkian, whom I consider a compassionate doctor, not a murderer as he was convicted of.

I feel sorry for people or animals who are starving to death or don't have clean water or proper medical care, shelter... and suffer.

Anyway, that's why I posted the link. For educational purposes. I feel like as citizens of the United States, we should be able to choose when we want to die, especially if one is terminally ill. Last thing I want is to lie and waste away until death takes me. That can take a long time. The body is a real struggler. It does everything it can to stay alive while the illness does eveything it can to end your life. Seems like a wasted battle. Euthanasia solves the problem.

What are your thoughts on euthanasia?
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:31 PM   #4

....I can't really comment on the subject as I work in a Hospital one long shift a week and that might be misconstrued as a conflict of interest.....BUT....I have a "Plan B", if you know what I mean, just in case I decide to leave early for whatever reason......putting my dogs down nearly killed me......offing myself isn't something I can not do to myself-hell, I can't give myself an injection with a 22 ga. needle......but there are a few good friends that will make the issue a possibility if I decide I don't want to go any further......that is between those people and myself and our close relationship over the last 40 years........than again I have an X- wife and maybe 30 x-girlfriends that would off me just to see me "rot in hell" as one put it....NO scene of humor -I guess.....anyway that is where it stands as of now.....geofkaye
Old 12-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #5

Geof

Those 30 ex's would probably like to tear you apart, limb by limb. Be careful you never allow them to get together with you in the same room.

Do you have any dogs around your house to provide company?

I have one. A 100lb German Shepherd named Tyson. After the last two died, I got him as a used 5 year old replacement. One prior owner and low mileage, good cond.

He provides me with companionship and we do things together all the time.

I want to build a conversion around him with a dark quiet room so he can sleep during the day without interuptions and a roof top area so he can go up top and bark at things that go by like skateboarders and other dogs.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #6

....BravestDog:....one has to become more aware of their associates around them as it's never to good to let one's guard down too far.. I'm used to Gold-diggers and a lot of crazy people because of my job and experience......handling large numbers of crazies is typical for me on one day of the week[18 hour shift-some times I do a 24]....rest of the time I have 6 happy workers that add to the stress of modern life so to speak....ages 65 to 20 years old and one new black guy from prison that has decided to turn his life around and play life as it should without drugs and other distractions....he wants to learn everything very quickly......should be OK as he had a good support system. I have asked for another dog but have to wait till the Government gets ready to let one loose.....I get hounds that are fired from the Government for unwillingness to do what they are trained or have been ruined by bad handling or have been traumatized....they make good partners and will stick by me to the end.....I should be getting one soon as there is a high turnover-a dog will only last 8 years at the most-both dogs I had before were hurt on the job and retired when they were less than 24 months.......they died when they were about 10-11 years old of cancer of the stomach.....geofkaye