Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #1

Default One of you: buy this...

2010 IKON Renegade 45 ft. Motorhome with Matching IKON 30 ft. Stacker Trailer in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #2

I was looking at that same truck on ebay this afternoon. If I had an extra $400k lying around I'd already be on a plane to pick it up. That thing's a new kind of long though, over 80' by my calculations.

hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #3

says 75ft (45 coach, 30 trailer)....id hate to have to back that beast up.

since we're not in the market (our thoughts):

having those radiant heated floors would be nice.
always thought on demand oasis/aqua-hot water would be nice - but we havent found that we need it.

im not crazy about how the basement doors (swing) open...but w/ that many slides what are you gonna do and were not crazy about the outside entertainment system (we prefer it lower in the basement.

sucks that it has the 6 speed tranny (instead of a 12 or 13 auto).

i had to laugh seeing that 3T floor jack in the storage bay....like he couldnt find room for it in the trailer ??

maybe someone can make a deal on the coach & get one of his cars tossed in too - The Chev Connection - Showroom
Old 11-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #4

Late reply, I'm new to this - but how do you reconcile State Length Regs - e.g. Texas, no more than 65'? Best and thanks,
Nate_Asplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
says 75ft (45 coach, 30 trailer)....id hate to have to back that beast up.
Crap, the link is gone. One of you must have bought it! LOL. Don't forget the tongue, that's not in that 30'. So its probable 79-81'. You are right, backing up, you better have a camera and a couple spotters. Ours combined length will be a little under 76' but with the tongue/trailer being the longer "half". I think that helps but still not going to be fun.
RLPRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLPRACING View Post
Crap, the link is gone. One of you must have bought it! LOL. Don't forget the tongue, that's not in that 30'. So its probable 79-81'. You are right, backing up, you better have a camera and a couple spotters. Ours combined length will be a little under 76' but with the tongue/trailer being the longer "half". I think that helps but still not going to be fun.
hell i run TWO cameras on my coach (one over the ball/chains) and another over the TOP.

I just towed our 18ft (flat) car trailer…wasn't bad at all, even backing it up was easier than i thought….just take it slow.

guy that owned our coach when i bought it was towing a 36ft stacker…he had cameras all over the place (2 inside the trailer), one over the hitch/ball and one behind the trailer.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #7

Nate, sssshhhhhhhh,, haven't you heard about the government's "don't ask/don't tell" policy?
Basically that's how it works. There are so few long setups like this that most cops don't even care. Most of the other cops don't even know the regulations. And they certainly don't know the regs for other states than where they work. I know, length laws are state specific and states don't have to offer reciprocity on length. But, I find it hard to believe a cop would enforce their own length law on an out of stater. Sure, there's probably some cop out there that might. I've been a city cop for 29 years. I even actually do quite a bit of traffic enforcement. But if I caught a fellow employee bothering somebody in a rig like that I'd let him have it.

I'm 68' overall. I've driven in about 1/3 the states from coast to coast. I put on a bit shy of 10k miles a year for the past 5 summers (MN, my rig is stored from November to about March). I've never been stopped, or even looked at crossways as far as I can tell.