Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #1

Looking for a contractor who can convert a tractor trailer into a rolling retail store. Must be stand alone including lighting, heating / air conditioning, restroom. Something you could drive to a Nascar event for example and open up for retail sales of souveniers etc. Please post info or PM me thanks.
Tom111

Tom111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #2

My truck was built by United Specialties, 269-483-2400. They're located in White Pigeon, MI. It's just a couple miles over the border from Indiana. They're real close to Renegade's shop on I90 in Indiana. I know they could build that truck for you. They are a medium size operation and I think all they're work is custom stuff. I stopped there last summer for a visit since I was driving by and wanted my baby to see where she was born. They had a very cool custom rig that they were finishing up for a client. It was a mobile eyeglass lab to go to poor areas and make glasses for kids on the spot. Here's a spot about it: http://www.onesight.org/na/new...s_unveil_eyevan/1265

When we were there the guy from OneSight was working with their people. I spoke to him for a bit and he said it was great working with the United Specialties guys. He said they were really into attacking any problems and coming up with solutions. I'd give them a call and chat with a salesman. See what they say.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:37 AM   #3

It's mandatory to have a single unit? Reason I ask is there seem to be a lot of concession type trailers around. Why not convert the truck to whatever type of living quarters you want and get a trailer for the sales? That way if you ever want to sell you'd have much more saleable items.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:34 AM   #4

Craftsman Industries in St Charles MO is probably the King of Trailer Conversions for marketing and retail applications. Perhaps hi end but they will work with you and can do about anything you can imagine...and I mean anything. An amazingly talented bunch.

Try Brad Hammond 636 940 5881
Bhammond@craftsmanind.com

They did the paint on my coach. You can see several exampeles of their work on their website, including my coach somewhere in there.

Rad
Old 12-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #5

I strongly recommend that you look at Agile vehicle Modifications in Elkhart Indiana. They specialize in custom builds that are original and give quality that is second to no one. they can tailor to your budget and needs. contact Jason Sullivan 1-574-522-8382. JasonS@agile-resources.com
andy@landmarktrucks.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #6

Transport Designs is one I'm sure could do it..

Contact Us :: Transport Designs

Transport Designs
240 Streibeigh Ln
Montoursville, PA 17754

Phone: 570.368.1403
Fax: 570.368.2398
Email: sales@transportdesigns.com