Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #1

Default Toterhome w/garage below bedroom 35' -40' Total Length

Hi everyone, I just stumbled upon this forum while searching for motorhomes and what a great group of folks here, it seems. I've already learned more about all the different production methods of all the different manufacturers in the last few days here, than I have ever learned in the 10 or so years I've owned a motorhome. So, thanks! I wish my first post wasn't a question, but here goes.

I'm looking for a Toterhome with a garage below the bedroom that is 40' max. I would prefer closer to 35'. Looking in the $70 - 90K range.

If I can find one with a garage, I'll just need to tow an open trailer with a jeep. If I can't find a garage model, I'll need to tow an enclosed trailer with a jeep and motorcycles/quads. So, GVWR, GCWR, and motor size is a factor--I'd prefer at least 350HP, but I'll live with what I can find. I also need 200 gal. fresh water, and at least 100 gal. gray water. I'm flexible on rest of the floor plan, but need two queen beds that don't have to be made up everyday, which is why the bed over the garage models are perfect. Even if it's a half garage, just enough for a couple of off-road motorcycles, that would work.

The older models with the dark wood and red upholstery are out. It seems like they started going away from that around 2003-2004. I'd prefer light wood.

I found one, but I can't get them to respond to my questions, so guess they don't want to sell it, plus, it looks pretty hammered.

I've seen a few of these in the last couple of years, but I'm ready to buy now and can't seem to find anything good. I check Racing Junk, RV Trader, and ebay daily. Any other ideas? I'm in California but would be willing to travel ANYWHERE to get it.

tothetrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #2

Sorry, don't know how I missed this post. You might find it pretty tuff to satisfy all of your requirements with a pre-owned rig. But, there are some close to it. Try looking on Buses For Sale at BusesAndMore.com - Buy Buses and Sell Buses under the rv section. He sometimes has garage coaches there. There is a very nice garage coach for sale, in CA too. Balin Family - Home is selling their Hawk built one. I seriously looked at that one before buying mine. It's got a 10k hitch on it and I wanted a heavier hitch. But 10k lbs should cover everything you need to tow. Check that one out, it's a beaut. Good luck.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #3

Wow a garage that is a cool idea!
We are new here and new to all of this but this post gave us a lot of good places to be looking at other peoples rigs and how they are set up.
amazing how the more we learn the more we keep realizing we do not really know much!
Cliff & Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #4

Hawk engineering does produce a very solid and well built unit. We toured his shop last year and were very impressed. Builds pretty much everything in house with a small crew of competent workers. Hawk Eng. is defiantly on our short list of manufactures that we would select from.

Bob, we took a good look at the Balin coach last year also. Jason had it sitting at his facility. The only thing that discouraged us was the duck under from the coach to the sleeper. The customer had him leave the upper bunk in the sleeper. I would like the two areas to be more open. Others may find that to be a plus.

Dave
Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote