Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #1

Looks like the old Class A is sold, next step is to find a good/reasonable truck coach, preferably a garage unit. Suggestions on where to look both on line and within a few hundred miles of Michigan.

BUonM22? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #2

...search RACINGJUNK.COM for a vehicle near you....there must be 500 of them for sale right this minute and they are dealing.... Car and vehicle racing is down the toilet just now because of fuel and the job situation-needless to say the money to play with also is evaporating....RV's are a dime a dozen or very close to being a white elephant behind the barn so to speak...Most of the RV builders are bankrupt or have left for Mexico.....IH has taken over Monaco and they are cranking out few to keep the boys busy....but it is a drab situation and 45% off is the norm now....geofkaye

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #3

Racing Junk has a bunch. Also here: http://www.chooseyouritem.com/...ruckConversion0.html
Old 08-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #4

Thanks Guys,
I've been looking around quite a bit online, and have been to Becks by Lansing. Are there any dealers close by in Indiana, Illinois, or Wisconsin?
BUonM22? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #5

....dealers are eating their first born and will sell you their soul for a Visa card number......look to private owners for the best deals for cash....usually they will come off the asking price by about 50% if they are tired of nothing moving for months and months....some are upside down on payments and will bend over and squat for a cash offer.....Some of the guys here have been getting excellent deals on purchases and if they are selling-have gotten premium bucks for having a top of the class equipment....don't be in a hurry....the economy will be like this into 2010 and beyond so I have been told by my money whiz himself......geofkaye
Old 08-10-2009, 05:39 AM   #6

Those web sites I put up have had many of those rigs on for months and months. Just use that asking price as a very very rough guide. Here's another place that has a bunch of trucks: http://www.eldoradotrailersales.com/ They don't even put their prices on their site. In Wisconsin tho so you should take a drive there and see if anything looks good to you. I've stopped there and they have a nice selection of high end units.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #7

.....remember now!-more than ever!..."CASH IS KING"...&...HE WITH THE GOLD-MAKES THE RULES"....simple it's just market timing....you got the time to shop and they are hungry.....now is the best time to do business-when the dealers are stressed and beating their sales force with shovels to make them sell.....if anyone gets out of the showroom without buying something there is hell to pay....I have been hearing it most every day.......geofkaye